BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

2D Object as complex profile

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all

Is there a way to place the complex profiles as a 2d object, making it also possible to strecht (for the profiles that have this option).

I want this to be able to draw in worksheets.

Thanks in advance
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think it can be done by "simple" REQUEST.
But honestly... My GDL kungfu is not that strong.
Hope that helps.
n = REQUEST ("Profile_default_geometry", name_or_index, n1, n2, ..., nm,
            x11, y11, edgeVisible11, vertEdgeVisible11, additionalStatus11, ...,
            x1n1, y1n1, edgeVisible1n1, vertEdgeVisible1n1, additionalStatus1n1,
            x21, y21, edgeVisible21, vertEdgeVisible21, additionalStatus21, ...,
            x2n2, y2n2, edgeVisible2n2, vertEdgeVisible2n2, additionalStatus2n2, ...,
            xm1, ym1, edgeVisiblem1, vertEdgeVisiblem1, additionalStatusm1, ...,
            xmnm, ymnm, edgeVisiblemnm, vertEdgeVisiblemnm, additionalStatusmnm)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Braza,

Thanks for sending me that code.

I tried pasting it on the 2D script but i got an error. Should i place something else before?

My GDL kunfu is almost 0
Anonymous
Not applicable
Luiscardoso wrote:
My GDL kunfu is almost 0

Well... In this case, I strongly advice you to RUN! As fast as you can!

Now seriously: You could try using the CP you want in a column > edit as you wish > Ctrl+c the column > Paste it in your worksheet as 2d elements. It wouldn't be "Alive", but you could easily edit it in plan and paste it again. Or you can join us in the Wish Session Club (AKA "AC Beggars").
Anonymous
Not applicable
well thanks anyway.

Yeah i wanted something that updated automatically, so i could use it both for the 3d but also for the 2d details.

Thanks anyway. I will add it to the wishlists
DGSketcher
Legend
You could do as Braza suggested but place the column on a "hidden" storey below your main model. The "columns" would then be live to use any offset modifiers or general changes to the profiles. You can then place this storey on your layout and adjust the frame to only show the relevant "column".
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
runxel
Legend
Luiscardoso wrote:

Is there a way to place the complex profiles as a 2d object, making it also possible to stretch?
No. AFAIK the modifiers are disabled when the profile is used in objects.

EDIT: I am right. Look into the docs for more info.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Lingwisyer
Guru
runxel wrote:
Luiscardoso wrote:

Is there a way to place the complex profiles as a 2d object, making it also possible to stretch?
No. AFAIK the modifiers are disabled when the profile is used in objects.

EDIT: I am right. Look into the docs for more info.

Well... if you do not mind stretching uniformly, you can always use the MUL command.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
runxel
Legend
Lingwisyer wrote:

Well... if you do not mind stretching uniformly, you can always use the MUL command.

True! That's what I ended up doing here. Have fun with it! 🙂
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh thanks a lot!!!!
Learn and get certified!