BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

【2D Script】 Easiest way to change the MVO view of Windows/Doors?

Emil Meijer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello forum,

I have a current case in which I need to change the design of the 2D MVO on some objects (mainly windows and doors).
But, since the 2D lines needs to stretch/adapt depending on the parameters of the object, just sketching the different MVO lines down in the "2D Symbol" won't really be of much help.

Does anyone know of any good alternative routes to solve this problem? Could save me days of my life if I wouldn't have to dig in and change the 2D Script manually.
I have the CAD data for what it's "supposed" to look like, and I also have access to Rhinoceros 5, if that would be of any help.

Also, client currently wishes for this to be solved in Archicad 20, so unfortunately can not use any of the fancy Parametric Profiles from Archicad 22.

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Did You try Library Part maker?

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/UK/library-part-maker.html

If You need parametricity "lvl: hard" 😉 the objects should be scripted manually...unfortunately/fortunately

I guess in Your case analyzing the 2d script and manually correcting it would be the best way (If the objects have to be scallable/parametric)

Piotr

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Could You be more specific - what needs to be achieved (why, and how You currently plan it?)

Do You need to modify the objects to be more MVO dependant? (guessing?)

Piotr
Emil Meijer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Piotr wrote:
Could You be more specific - what needs to be achieved (why, and how You currently plan it?)
Piotr,
thank you for your reply!

We were handed some "prototypes" which all have correct 3D modeled data in them, and they all include 3 different levels of MVO designs (see attached image).

However, these 2D MVO types doesn't look close to the desired designs (bottom row on the attached image).

So, simply put, since the current 2D Script in these objects doesn't match the desired design, it needs to be altered . And since the object (in this case, window) size also needs to be adjustable, using the easy method from ASIABIM is unfortunately out of the question .

Opening up the objects and taking a closer look at their 2D script, it would seem that is the code has been automated through some kind of application that's not the usual ArchiCAD "save as object" style. So, I was guessing there might be some other useful software / applications around for this kind of work?

I'm still very new to ArchiCAD, so really trying to widen my horizon regarding GDL scripting and editing at the moment. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Solution

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/UK/library-part-maker.html

If You need parametricity "lvl: hard" 😉 the objects should be scripted manually...unfortunately/fortunately

I guess in Your case analyzing the 2d script and manually correcting it would be the best way (If the objects have to be scallable/parametric)

Piotr
Emil Meijer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Piotr wrote:
Gave Library Part Maker a try, but unfortunately it wasn't compatible with the Japanese version of Archicad.

Guess I'm just going to have to stock up on coffee and manually go through all of this.
Also, thank you so much for your input. This forum is amazing.
Learn and get certified!