BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D AND LAYER COMBINATIONS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to set a default so that when I open the 3d window it uses a specific layer combination? Currently, I use the stock layer combinations from AC 8.1. In 2d I use the view sets to change between plans and then verify or modify things in the 3d window. However, for example, I draw a wall in my 1st floor plan view without the roof layer turned on. Then I like to trim to roof in the 3d window. But I have to open the layer settings dialog every time and select the 3d views layer combination to see the roofs in the 3d window. This seems inefficient.

Is there a better way?

A related questions which would be a work around for me would be to have a keyboard shortcut to change between layer combinations or to set a keyboard shortcut for specific layer combinations.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, so I found the "Show all layers" command and assigned a keyboard shortcut. But this turns on all layers, and I have a few layers that are for modeling elements and stuff never to be shown, they just get in the way.
Djordje
Ace
Jeff wrote:
Is there a way to set a default so that when I open the 3d window it uses a specific layer combination?
Set your layer combination(s), name them, open the 3D window, save the current view in the view set. Then open the 3D window by double clicking on the view in the Navigator.

Done.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much. After 5 all nighters, the simple solutions seem the hardest to find.
Learn and get certified!