Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Morph Revolve

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm making some custom door panels for my library in ArchiCAD 19. I did so by creating a slab and then used morphs to take away material to get my door shape. So one side of the slab looks great. Is there a way for me to mirror the morph cutouts to the the other side of the door so i don't have to redraw them?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, Ben. How did you made the cut out? Did you use Solid element operations? If yes then you only have to turn on the layer and mirror the morph in the 3d window.

But if you did the cut out by converting the slab to morph and using the boolean operation of the morphs (substract). Then you could mirror the complete door panel and move it to position so it have the thickness you want and use the Union operation for morphs.

The real way to do this was mirroring the piece before making the subtraction.

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable
arqrivas wrote:
Hi, Ben....Hope this helps!

Arqrivas,

Thanks for the reply! I did use solid element operations. And i tried to bring it to the other side but it wouldn't mirror around in 3D. I could only get the cuts to rotate around on the same 2D plane. Should i try to do it without doing the solid element operation first? If i can do it with the solid element operations step done, what surface or axis should i choose to mirror? Because i tried a bunch of stuff and i still can't get it to work.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just try now and it looks like you can't mirror the morph in the plane you need. But you could do the following.
Rotate the morph to make it vertical, then mirror it, and rotate it again to make it horizontal again mirrored. Try that
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it to work!! thanks a bunch for the help.