BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Perspective Grid for drawing a perspective drawing?

Gus
Newcomer
I have created a 3D Document and I am drafting lines over it using vanishing points I derived from Box Shaped Shelves on the 3D Document. I can draw in perspective using these vanishing points, however it takes a long time because I need to zoom way in and way out every time I need to draw a new line.

When I draw axonometric drawings I can set the snap angles and do every line using those snaps I believe. Is there a way to have the snap angles go to vanishing points rather than to angles on the paper plane itself?

In other words "I would like to snap to vanishing points rather than to 90 and 45 degree angles.

Has anyone ever been able to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
www.michaelgustavson.com Architect NY WI IL
Madison WI
Archicad21 MEP EcoDesSTAR Win10-64-bit
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
2 REPLIES 2
sinceV6
Advocate
Nope.

But remember that you can save zoom properties. So zoom into one of the vanishing points, and save the zoom as something like VP1, do the same for the other. Now, you can just be over your drawing, select the line tool, click the zoom call-out and click VP1, it'll take you to the saved zoom, click to start a line, then select "go to previous zoom" (or use the "back" button of your mouse if it has one) and it will return to the drawing with the line still being drawn. No need to scroll to zoom in and out every time. Real time saver.

Best regards.
Gus wrote:
I have created a 3D Document and I am drafting lines over it using vanishing points I derived from Box Shaped Shelves on the 3D Document. I can draw in perspective using these vanishing points, however it takes a long time because I need to zoom way in and way out every time I need to draw a new line.

When I draw axonometric drawings I can set the snap angles and do every line using those snaps I believe. Is there a way to have the snap angles go to vanishing points rather than to angles on the paper plane itself?

In other words "I would like to snap to vanishing points rather than to 90 and 45 degree angles.

Has anyone ever been able to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Why don't you just model it and adjust the camera settings for the view you want?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!