BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D image - Purple and Black

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using Archicad for Mac version 21. I recently had a 3D plan designed for me and I'm unable to view it correctly. The designer provided me with three files:

house_1.dwg (86.2 KB)
house_1.gsm (2.13 MB)
house_1.pln (24.8 MB)

When I try and view the 3D image, the furniture is not present and it's purble with black spots. Any idea what the issue is?

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to this program I'm afraid so be gentle
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Firstly I have moved you post to a more appropriate section of the forum.
Please read the section description before posting to find the correct spot.

The purple and black squares means you do not have the texture images in your loaded libraries that are used in the surface materials.
Your missing furniture could be because of a missing library as well.

You should get a 'Library Loading Report' dialogue when you open the file that will tell you items are missing from the loaded libraries.

You need to have the same libraries that the designer used when he made the file - so he will have to send you those libraries as well.
Alternatively he can save the file as an 'Archive' (.PLA) file that contains all the libraries so they are available when you open the file.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
The dwg is presumably just a flat 2D AutoCAD drawing.
The gsm is an ARCHICAD library part.
The pln is an ARCHICAD Project file.

What you need is an ARCHICAD Project Archive (.pla) that contains all the library parts and textures.

The purple black checkerboard is what ARCHICAD displays when a surface is missing it's texture image. These are contained in the library.

So you either need the PLA which includes the libraries or you need to ask for the libraries and load them into your pln.

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!