BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D model problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi to all,

I have a problem with the 3D model.
One part of the model is displayed as a wireframe or is invisible at all...but when i click on it shows a green outline like selected objeckt.

some pictures of the problem

if anyone can help I would be grateful.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Start with a review the 3D settings in the menu...:
>View, >Elements in 3D, > Filter Elements in 3d
Make sure all the element types are turned on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi mark,

I did it.
Also, I reinstalled archicad, check the layers that are marked as shape, in the OpenGL option is checked as shape, I reinstal and check my graphic card update...

Also the same problem in axonometric view

I do not know what else to do .. this problem happened to me once, I do not know why
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have no idea. Try settting everything to be visible. Model view options, renovation filters, 3D filters, layer settings, partial structure. Set a dark line marquee around everything and view in 3d. Remove cut planes ( not an issue here, but a good idea in general for diagnosing on screen problems).

Once eveything is either ON or visible, etc, you might discover the problem.

[EDIT] Ah.. Just noticed you are working in Project Map. You must work from saved views in the View Map. Otherwise what you see on screen will change all the time.

In Project Map view, when you change a setting, it is not permanent. So let's say you set all layers to be visible in your (project view) plan, then you click on your generic perspective, and .. boom .. , all your settings got changed to the perspective settings, anything you changed in plan view is lost. So that is why it is so important to work in saved views from the View Map
Karl Ottenstein
...and, sometimes, the issue is an interaction with another, possibly hidden element.

Drag one of the wireframe walls away from the main project (some fixed amount so that you can drag it back later easily). If it displays, then there is an explicit Solid Element Op, or an implicit interaction with another element such as a beam or other wall. If no change, try changing it to the ArchiCAD layer temporarily. If that fixes it, then the issue would be related to the wireframe status of the original layer.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is it possible that some Layers are set to Wireframe?
That way any Wall or element that is located on that Layer will be displayed in wireframe in 3D.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I checked it all that.
the same problem in project and view map. Layers set shading.

basically when I open a new document and start drawing walls, following happens: Once I create a first wall he normally displays it 3d window..when create a second, the first one become wireframe and second is normal..and so on, always the last drawn wall visible and previous are not...

Another important piece of information ... the model made ​​before I open on my computer looked like a picture from the first post and on another computer at work normally open model

I'll probably have to format the computer because I do not see reason why this is happening..
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You could also try to upgrade your graphics card drivers.
Maybe if it is a driver problem and an update will fix it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Any solution ? I have same problem with an older computer with Ati Radeon X1950 graphic card. I instaled new drivers but no change, even when moving 3d objects, system fails to restart.
Learn and get certified!