BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D visualization of road project

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this isn't the best place to post this, but I found no better place.

I have got a request from a large contractor about visualization of a 3 km road section containing several access roads and tunnels in a large city.
They want to be able to "drive" through the project as if it was built. Including present fasade of the building surrounding the planned roads.

We have some experience in rendering and smaller 3D projects of buildings. But not anything near the competence to take on a project like this alone.

So we are looking for a subcontractor with this competence.
Is there anybody in this forum that can help us with the modelling and rendering of such a project? Or maybe you know somebody that can help us?

You don't have to be located in Scandinavia.

Regards
Roar Somoen
Remedia
Norway
roar@remedia.no
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
I think you could do this yourself with a combination of ArchiTerra and ArchiFacade from Cigraph... but taking photos of the facades and putting it all together will be pretty time consuming if there are a lot of buildings in the 3km area! Most of that work needs to be done by someone on the spot. Generating the "drive through" is the easy part (unless you want lots of other moving traffic and people ... but Alfaville parts at OOL can help there I think [I have not used them - only seen demos]).

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
for moving creation you can use Allfavile Scenes 1 or 2 Library with animated car or car from Graphisoft Anniversary Colection (static car also created by Allfavile) with small object generated by my. This object is based on Allfavile free Porshe but allow to animate optional car ( you must type name of object in interface window).

Sample are available on my ftp http://213.227.73.131/maluch.mpg
Best regards
Pawel
P.S. FTP is running with 8 to 17 GMT+1
Learn and get certified!