BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

3d window trees have square shadows

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have done a search and found nothing about this, which surprises me. i have some tree objects and in the 3d window they cast a shadow that is square, not tree shaped. some trees are fine. when i select them the blue highlight outlines the boughs, but the ones that cast a square shadow have two rectangles when selected. i've played with everything in the 3d window settings, and tried the object settings, but nothing changes it. i need to have realistic shadows for a sun study.
H
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
These trees are not true 3D trees but are a 'Billboard' type of tree, they consist of a flat plane with an image mapped onto that plane.
If you want shadows you will need to use 'Tree Model' object and adjust parameters to suit the type of tree you require.

Regards,
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks scott,
that is a wee bit of a pain. is there a way of telling, before i waste my time downloading then placing them?
h
Anonymous
Not applicable
I generally use the trees included in the ArchiCAD library and edit the parameters and textures till I get a tree that I am happy with.

Trees in attached image are Tree Deciduous 6 17 from the ArchiCAD 17 Object Library.

Regards,
Scott
Entry View 4.jpg
Learn and get certified!