BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

'A serious error has occurred while processing the project data'

KatherineC97
Booster

Hi, I'm having an issue with Archicad 26. When opening jobs, some from Archicad 25, others started in 26, I've had the file crash for seemingly no reason, I'm sometimes not even in the job, and I get an error message that says 'A serious error has occurred while processing the project data. Archicad must be close.' The only options are quit or repair (Archicad will restart). No matter what I select, it simply quits. I'll then get that error message on start up, resulting in a crash loop.

I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening or how to fix it, because open and repair doesn't always work.

image.png
24 REPLIES 24
Karl Ottenstein

Are you on the current update, which is build 4022 if my memory is working at all?  If not, do a check for updates.  And calling this a “job” is confusing.   Are you talking about a solo project PLN or a Teamwork project?

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-26-update-2-release/ba-p/358630

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Hi Karl,

Sorry, I do mean a solo project pln. I'm using build 4019, and the update check says it's the most up to date version

tomyg
Booster

i'm having the same issue, build 4019 - which is current AUS build. i'm having the issue across multiple machines and muktiple different jobs (files) 

I've currently lost a couple of full files that i can no longer open due to this issue. 

NagelPlanungsbuero
Participant

Hey KatherineC97, did you fix the problem? I'm having the same right now and don't know what to do.. 

Hi, unfortunately not, it's stopped on my computer, but everyone I work with is still having issues, but we're still not sure what to do either

Marsel
Participant

We had same problem this morning and what you might try is to run the regular 'open and repair' option: file>open>open (activate 'open and repair' checkbox). This did it for us.

I have tried this and it's only working some of the time, sometimes it will work after trying open and repair a few times but it's not a guaranteed fix for us

Frillex
Advocate

Experienced this for the first time this morning. 

Have never seen this error in Archicad before. 

When i tried the suggested repair, Archicad told me that it could not "create a temporary file". 

So I had to redo todays work. 

Yesterday the file worked without problems. 

/Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
Frillex
Advocate

I've located when it occurs. 

For me it's when i click "Level up" in the navigator. 

is it linked to the same action for anyone else? 

/Felix 

Edit: It's linked in general to any actions in the navigator..... 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
Learn and get certified!