BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

'A serious error has occurred while processing the project data'

KatherineC97
Booster

Hi, I'm having an issue with Archicad 26. When opening jobs, some from Archicad 25, others started in 26, I've had the file crash for seemingly no reason, I'm sometimes not even in the job, and I get an error message that says 'A serious error has occurred while processing the project data. Archicad must be close.' The only options are quit or repair (Archicad will restart). No matter what I select, it simply quits. I'll then get that error message on start up, resulting in a crash loop.

I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening or how to fix it, because open and repair doesn't always work.

image.png
24 REPLIES 24
tomyg
Booster

from what I've seen we have had a few different machines have the crash when changing publisher sets. 

archicad 26 error.png
Frillex
Advocate

I did "open & repair". This solved all issues related to this for the moment. 

/F

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
Frillex
Advocate

The problem with this problem is that once it happens, u can't save ur work.

Its finito and you have to repair the file and start over. 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

Same happening here. It's frustrating. I'll give a try updating the version and see if it works.

Frillex
Advocate

Any news?

This has happened twice sense my last post in here, which was 5 days ago.. 

Every time it happens i have to quit all my open instances of Archicad and open and repair the damaged file. 
And I can also add that nothing has been done to the file, both times sense the 8th it was when I started the file in the morning, it worked fine the day before. 

/Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

Nothing on our end, I've still had files that just crash when you try and open them, and others where all the work is gone

@KatherineC97  and @Frillex ,

Have you been in touch with your local Archicad support people?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I not sure they will be able to help, I posted here because it's a better way directly in to the mind and heart of Archicad. But I'll let them know so they can post it in the internal Graphisoft bug report (i don't remember what it's called Trac9  or something).

Have a nice weekend

Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY

@Frillex wrote:

I not sure they will be able to help,

I hope they can.

If you are paying for support, then that is what you should expect and what they should give.

If they are unable to help they should escalate the problem to GS HQ.

Posting here is fine, but just remember we are only Archicad users such as yourself.

Unless one of us has experience with or knowledge of the problem, then you will be no better off.

Sure, someone actually from Graphisoft may chime in, but that is not something you can guarantee here in the user forums.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Frillex
Advocate

Talked to our local reseller, they contacted the developers, and we might have a fix next update. 

This problem is really killing all the fun in working... 

Edit: In one of our files it had something to do with one of our client specifik DWG translators. 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
Learn and get certified!