BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

'A serious error has occurred while processing the project data'

KatherineC97
Booster

Hi, I'm having an issue with Archicad 26. When opening jobs, some from Archicad 25, others started in 26, I've had the file crash for seemingly no reason, I'm sometimes not even in the job, and I get an error message that says 'A serious error has occurred while processing the project data. Archicad must be close.' The only options are quit or repair (Archicad will restart). No matter what I select, it simply quits. I'll then get that error message on start up, resulting in a crash loop.

I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening or how to fix it, because open and repair doesn't always work.

image.png
24 REPLIES 24

What were the translators?

What do you mean?

/Felix 

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
tjmillar
Enthusiast

I just encountered this same issue. Similarly to one of the replies, the problem for me occurred when I tried to move up a level in the navigator. I was able to edit the file and save it, but as soon as I tried to change publisher sets, it crashed. I was able to fix the file using Open & Repair

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-Management-articles/File-Damage-or-Corruption-Troublesho...

and then it became apparent that the problem was I had deleted the folder it was set to publish to. It still seems like a bug that the missing folder should cause a crash rather than just a prompt to re-set the folder, but once I did reset it after repairing the file, the problem went away. 

AC26 Australia, Windows 10
DCS
Newcomer

Hi Katherine,

This issue is happening to me all the time. This is the most refustrating bug..error of any of ArchiCADs releases, and I have been using ArchiCAD since version 3.  Have you or anyone else in this forum found a fix for this issue. 

I thought it had been said in the thread all ready but maybe not.

Anyhow: This occurs when ever you check the box "Merge to one DWG". 

If you need to merge DWGs ALLWAYS uncheck the box BEFORE saving. 

This workaround will make sure that this never happens. 

But if you forget, which i do, its back. 

/F

AC 26, OS MONTEREY
Learn and get certified!