BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

A simple question related to sink object [rel. 15]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi experts,
after upgrading from ver 13 to 15 I noticed that some standard objects look different in 3D view. For instance faucets in kitchen or bathroom sinks are not displayed even if I choose them. Pls find attached screenshot.
Needless to say, everything was OK in version 13 and faucets were visible in 2D and 3D views.
Appreciate any pointer.

faucet.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
No problem here.
Check your 3D settings.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the prompt answer.
Unfortunately this not applied to my case because I always set "detail" in 3D options. What version of Archicad do you have? 15?
What's interesting when I open old project created in version 13 in Archicad 15 faucets are visible. However if I create new project in 15 and use library objects from 13 faucets are not visible. Maybe the problem lies in wrong template?
Karl Ottenstein
Prem,

I'm guessing that your Model View Options is set to NOT show the taps in 3D. See the attached screenshot of the 15 library panel of the Model View Options (MVO) dialog. Your named MVO settings are saved with your views - thus this allows you to create faster-generating 3D views that do not show fawcets, knobs, etc and accurate ones which do show them.

I cannot remember, but I think it was about AC 13 that these settings moved to the MVO panel. Since you're using an AC 13 library part, it is probably responding to this option. Only know for sure that the 15 parts respond to this setting.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,
you're the best
You've solved my problem. Archicad has so many options ....
Thanks a lot.
Karl Ottenstein
You're welcome - glad that was it!

Yup, so many options, which at times feels like TOO many options. 😉
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

Thanks from me too. It was driving me nuts trying to work out why my cabinets had no knobs or taps! I think Graphisoft needs to make this solution more obvious. Prem, thanks for asking the question.

Wayne.
Learn and get certified!