Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 15 and coordinates input

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
I noticed one different thing than in previous versions.
In 14 or earlier versions, when I took wall for one of it's ends and start to stretch it and than press shift + "r" than I entered the value for which wall would be extended, but in 15 it goes for a overall length of it. In previous versions that would be the case only if I went with mouse over reference line of the wall and than press "r" and input desired value.

Is there possibility to change that in v15 to previous version?
29 REPLIES 29
cgrimley
Contributor
I noticed this too. Hopefully its a setting somewhere and it didn't just go away.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
cgrimley wrote:
I noticed this too. Hopefully its a setting somewhere and it didn't just go away.
I was searching for it but couldn't find it.
Probably, wasn't persistent enough.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think the logic has changed a bit.
I don't think this is something that can be modified by a checkbox somewhere.

However, after you start stretching the Wall, just move your cursor to the endpoint you want to measure the distance from and press ALT+SHIFT. The Edit Origin will move there and the Tracker will display the values you need.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I don't think this is something that can be modified b a checkbox somewhere.

However, after you start stretching the Wall, just move your cursor to the endpoint you want to measure the distance from and press ALT+SHIFT. The Edit Origin will move there and the Tracker will display the values you need.
BUT WHY????
why changing something that has been good for years.
This is something that has been working perfectly.
Miha Nahtigal
Advocate
I have noticed this too. Extremely annoying.
Anonymous
Not applicable
update on this issue:
presing alt+shift changes things but only for this situation, but it is more complicated than it was.

Is graphisoft on mission to screw their own customers???!!!

one more problem is that alt+shift changes language on my computer and after that operation my keyboard is switched form Croatian to English and my "z" is changed to "y". so undo is not working till the moment I realize that language is switched. ANNOYING!!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, seems like a chore having to drag the user origin around to do what used to be automatic.

Has anyone else noticed that the 'Explode into Current View' command does not seem to explode polylines into lines anymore? I used to use this command interchangeably with the 'Unify' command to change lines to polylines and vice versa. But now it seems the operations only go one direction. I can still use the magic wand to place line segments on top of an existing polyline, but must go to the added step of deleting the original.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
dirty wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the 'Explode into Current View' command does not seem to explode polylines into lines anymore? I used to use this command interchangeably with the 'Unify' command to change lines to polylines and vice versa. But now it seems the operations only go one direction. I can still use the magic wand to place line segments on top of an existing polyline, but must go to the added step of deleting the original.
I have no problem exploding a polyline into line segments -- do you happen to have Groups enabled?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
laszlonagy wrote:
I don't think this is something that can be modified b a checkbox somewhere.

Laci,

Who is crazy enough to change things that have been working great for years?? Why break working features? Instead of making things easier for users, you are going the other way around.

Please talk to anyone who is responsible for making this change and make it as it was before in the 1st hotfix.

Thanks in advance!
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr