Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 15 and coordinates input

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
I noticed one different thing than in previous versions.
In 14 or earlier versions, when I took wall for one of it's ends and start to stretch it and than press shift + "r" than I entered the value for which wall would be extended, but in 15 it goes for a overall length of it. In previous versions that would be the case only if I went with mouse over reference line of the wall and than press "r" and input desired value.

Is there possibility to change that in v15 to previous version?
29 REPLIES 29
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
laszlonagy wrote:
So as you can see it is an obvious option, nicely hidden in a sub-sub-sub-dialog of the operating system.
Laci, I'm not talking about Windows system shortcut. Since I'm on a Mac I don't have that problem.

BUT, what I am interested in is resolving the SHIFT-press extending issue. Just bring it back as it was in the older versions and nobody gets angry anymore.
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have reported the issue to Graphisoft.
That is about the most I can do.
I have very little (if any) influence in Tech Support and Product Design matters.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
I think the logic has changed a bit.
I don't think this is something that can be modified by a checkbox somewhere.

However, after you start stretching the Wall, just move your cursor to the endpoint you want to measure the distance from and press ALT+SHIFT. The Edit Origin will move there and the Tracker will display the values you need.
The ALT+SHIFT change is ridiculous... It is worse than new items getting put to the bottom of the list in navigator which I still hate with a passion.... They've taken something I likely do 100s of times a day with 1 key and made it two keys... At least make it something that can be changed....
Marky
Contributor
mzex wrote:
Hello!
In 14 or earlier versions, when I took wall for one of it's ends and start to stretch it and than press shift + "r" than I entered the value for which wall would be extended, but in 15 it goes for a overall length of it. In previous versions that would be the case only if I went with mouse over reference line of the wall and than press "r" and input desired value.

Strange, but for me it works as it used to.
Is it possible that it's been changed only in Mac OS?

BTW
Pressing Tab key works the same way as shift + "r".
AC 6.5, 13 - 19 Pl, OctaneRender for ArchiCAD, MoI 3D, Blender; W7 Pro 64;
i7-4790K/32 GB; GTX 980/4 GB
Marky
Contributor
Marky wrote:
mzex wrote:
Hello!

Strange, but for me it works as it used to.
Is it possible that it's been changed only in Mac OS?

BTW
Pressing Tab key works the same way as shift + "r".
OK,
Sorry, I was wrong.
It does go for an overall length of the wall.
But after:
"However, after you start stretching the Wall, just move your cursor to the endpoint you want to measure the distance from and press ALT+SHIFT. The Edit Origin will move there and the Tracker will display the values you need."
- end of the wall jumps for needed distance but an angle of the wall changes as well.
AC 6.5, 13 - 19 Pl, OctaneRender for ArchiCAD, MoI 3D, Blender; W7 Pro 64;
i7-4790K/32 GB; GTX 980/4 GB
sinceV6
Advocate
I liked it the way it was. Getting close to the point you wanted as reference and pressing shift to use it is easier. Maybe I'm just used to it.
Bill
Contributor
I agree that this needs to revert, as well... I lose significant productivity because of it.
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC15-3267-HOTFIX1

Thank you!!!!!!!

I've never been so grateful for a HOTFIX before.
Anonymous
Not applicable
dirty wrote:
AC15-3267-HOTFIX1

Thank you!!!!!!!

I've never been so grateful for a HOTFIX before.
So it was probably a bug.
thank god they listened to us finally.
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
mzex wrote:
So it was probably a bug.
Or a really bad idea
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5