BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 15 and coordinates input

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
I noticed one different thing than in previous versions.
In 14 or earlier versions, when I took wall for one of it's ends and start to stretch it and than press shift + "r" than I entered the value for which wall would be extended, but in 15 it goes for a overall length of it. In previous versions that would be the case only if I went with mouse over reference line of the wall and than press "r" and input desired value.

Is there possibility to change that in v15 to previous version?
29 REPLIES 29
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I'm going to report this coordinate thing as a bug.
Then we will see if it was intentional or unintentional.
By the way, my experience tells me that many times when things change, it is because people have been asking for it, criticizing GS for the way it was working. Then it was changed and there is a new set of people who are now very dissatisfied.
I am not saying this is the case now but may be.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
dirty wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the 'Explode into Current View' command does not seem to explode polylines into lines anymore? I used to use this command interchangeably with the 'Unify' command to change lines to polylines and vice versa. But now it seems the operations only go one direction. I can still use the magic wand to place line segments on top of an existing polyline, but must go to the added step of deleting the original.
Yes, it does not work for me either in ArchiCAD 15.
This looks like a bug to me as it asks you if you want to keep the original element. Plus, it worked in AC14.
I will report this to GS.
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
mzex wrote:
Hello!
In 14 or earlier versions, when I took wall for one of it's ends and start to stretch it and than press shift + "r" than I entered the value for which wall would be extended, but in 15 it goes for a overall length of it. In previous versions that would be the case only if I went with mouse over reference line of the wall and than press "r" and input desired value.

I need this fixed as well - This is something I use constantly. The Alt+Shift complicates what used to feel like a very intuitive way of drawing/modelling.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
laszlonagy wrote:
dirty wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the 'Explode into Current View' command does not seem to explode polylines into lines anymore?...
This looks like a bug to me as it asks you if you want to keep the original element. Plus, it worked in AC14.
Huh -- it worked for me yesterday, but not today
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
dirty wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that the 'Explode into Current View' command does not seem to explode polylines into lines anymore?...
Huh -- it worked for me yesterday, but not today
I swear there was a moment where I got it working right after I noticed the issue by re-entering the shortcut key I have set for this command. But the command stopped working again later and I couldn't get the shortcut key trick to work again. I just assumed I got confused and somehow opened an AC-14 window by accident.

Suspending / enabling groups had no effect for me.

I just noticed that if you throw a curved segment into the polyline the whole thing explodes properly into lines again. Has to be a glitch.

Thanks for reporting, laszlonagy.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, the same here.
If there is a curved segment in the Polyline, it properly explodes into lines and arcs.
If it has straight segments only, it actually explodes into another polyline, which is grouped by itself.
Works in AC14 and prior.
JaredBanks
Mentor
For exploding polylines...

an intermediate solution (other than adding a curved segment) is to use linework consolidation and select explode polylines into drawing primitives.

I've got a shortcut for linework consolidation, so it's not too much of a hassle, but it's still worse than just exploding.

Anyways seems like I shouldn't feel bad that I haven't had time to migrate my template or start a project in v15 yet! Well I hope a hotfix comes soon.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
JaredBanks wrote:
For exploding polylines...

an intermediate solution (other than adding a curved segment) is to use linework consolidation and select explode polylines into drawing primitives.

I've got a shortcut for linework consolidation, so it's not too much of a hassle, but it's still worse than just exploding.
Good suggestion. I've got it on quick key now.
MarinRacic
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
MMontgomery wrote:
mzex wrote:
Hello!

I need this fixed as well - This is something I use constantly. The Alt+Shift complicates what used to feel like a very intuitive way of drawing/modelling.
Let's just not forget about this shortcut issue...
MBPro Retina 2.7i7/16GB/SSD
AC ...20/21
www.3Dart.hr
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Let's just not forget about this shortcut issue...
Do you know that you can change in the operating system settings which key combination should toggle between the keyboard layouts? If you disable it it will not interfere with ArchiCAD's ALT+SHIFT.
This, by the way, has been a problem for many-many years.
I myself have disabled this feature of the system (have not defined any key combination for it).

In the Region and Language Control Panel, you can go to the Keyboard and Languages tab page, click the Change keyboards button.
Then in the Text Services and Input Languages Dialog, go to the Advanced Key Settings tab page click the Change Key Sequence button.
Then choose the "Not Assigned" radio button for the "Switch Input Language" field.

So as you can see it is an obvious option, nicely hidden in a sub-sub-sub-dialog of the operating system.
Learn and get certified!