Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 21 Magic Wand - graphical feedback slows it down

mIRage66
Newcomer
Do you also find the new "enhanced" archicad 21 magic wand at least twice as slow as before?

I guess the graphical feedback might be useful sometimes, especially in 3d (where I personally never use it) but with this change it stopped being a "one click tool" since you have to hold space until the process finishes.

Does anyone know of a well hidden and undocumented turn off button?
Archicad 21/22/23, Windows 10 64bit,
Asus GL703VM, Intel i7 7700HQ, GTX 1060, 16GB
4 REPLIES 4
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The Magic Wand feedback is connected to the checkbox in the Work Environment > Selection and Element Information > "Highlight element before selection and Magic Wand"
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
mIRage66
Newcomer
Thanks for the quick answer! Didn't see that at all.

Unfortunately that turns off not only all the element highlights but together with it the possibility to cycle through overlapping elements using the TAB button - since without the graphical feedback it's a bit like tapping in the dark. Shame.

It would be really useful if these options could be separated in the next version!

Or even better, same as the TAB is used to highlight the overlapping elements and click through them, that it can be used with the SPACE/Magic wand button to switch graphical feedback on the fly.
Archicad 21/22/23, Windows 10 64bit,
Asus GL703VM, Intel i7 7700HQ, GTX 1060, 16GB
runxel
Legend
mIRage66 wrote:
Or even better, same as the TAB is used to highlight the overlapping elements and click through them, that it can be used with the SPACE/Magic wand button to switch graphical feedback on the fly.
This should be a button in the control panel, like we can disable the blue help lines e.g.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Brad Elliott
Booster
This is still a huge issue in 22. I had a survey that was unuseable because I thought the program was hanging and when I tried this everything now works immediately.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro