Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 21 Stair 2D display issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having an issue with the display of AC 21 stairs in plan. I have a multi-building project where one building has the floor level set down 100mm from the main storey level. Placing a stair on the storey level gives the desired display of solid lines to the lower end of the stair, and dashed lines to the upper end.

However, if I drop the stair down 100mm for the lower level floor, the 2D display seems to invert (ie; the lower part of the stair is dashed and the upper part is solid line). This is not what I want, and I have been unable to discover any setting that fixes this.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks,
Graeme
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
I just had a quick look at this (sorry for rambling but I am experimenting as I type)
I think you still have your stair set to display on "relevant storey and one storey up".
Even though the stair is still in the same home storey, it now displays (correctly) from the storey below.
If you go down a storey you will probably see the stair as you want it - but it shouldn't really be there at all?

If set to "relevant storey" it means if it passes into that storey then you will see the stair.
Even though the "relevant storey" is saying the main storey name (a bug I believe), it will show on the storey below with the correct settings (because it is relevant to that storey).
Then the display on the main storey will have no control settings at all - which is definitely a bug in my opinion - we should still have control.
The storey above relevant storey should still have the correct controls.

Long story short, try changing the setting to display on "Home storey and one storey up".
I just did this and it now displays on the correct storeys (main and upper but not the one below main), but you still have no control of the hidden/visible for the main floor.
A definite bug I would say.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Barry,

Thanks for looking at this. I managed to figure it out eventually. I was misinterpreting the display options: "Relevant-Top Story" was in fact the lower (ground) storey. The description is a bit confusing I think.

Thanks,
Graeme