BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

AC 22 - BUG? MAGIC WAND NOT WORKING PROPERLY WHEN CREATING CONTOUR ON MESH

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone, i'm back again with yet another bug (i'll start numbering them from now on i guess)

I was trying to create a terrain model using mesh and adding contour lines onto it by using magic wand (specifically on the contour lines, not in between the lines).

The problems are:
1. in AC22 whenever i add new ridges using magic wand, it always create two ridge lines at the same time even if i only highlight one line at a time.

2. one or both of resulting ridge lines would then be a discontinued ridge line.

3. it makes modeling a terrain with a lot of contour lines (hundreds) even harder to work with

I tried using the same dwg file, same method, no difference whatsoever in AC21, and it worked just as it should, no problem whatsoever (I've been working using this method without any problem whatsoever since AC15)

any clue on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

-John
10 REPLIES 10
Matt Balaam
Enthusiast
John wrote:
To follow up on this topic, i received a reply with some explanation and workaround in PM from the tech support.

i haven't got the chance to try the workaround yet and may not be able to for quiet some time, so i've asked the tech support to post it here, hopefully soon, so that others with similar problem may be able to try it.

-John
Hi John,

If possible are you able to upload the response from tech support with the possible workaround? We are having exactly the same problem and the 6000 update hasn't fixed it.

Thanks!
AC21 (8002 AUS FULL) | AC24 (7000 AUS FULL)| Windows 10 Pro | Intel Core i7-12700 @ 2.1GHz | 32GB RAM | NVidia T1000
Learn and get certified!