Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 22 - SLOWDOWN #01 - SEARCH RESULT ON FAVORITES PALETTES CAME UP PAINFULLY SLOW

Anonymous
Not applicable
Search features used to be speedy on AC 21, even with a big amount of favorites stored (around one thousand favorites stored) on the project.

In AC 22, whenever i try to use the search button on favorites, it will show the search result very very slowly.

It occurs whether you open the favorites from the icon on toolbox, or using a standalone favorites palette.

any clue on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
-John
11 REPLIES 11
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

I tried both version with around 1200 favorites, and I couldn't see a difference in speed. Could you try the same project in both versions and jot down how long it took in both versions to show the results of the same search?

In my test for example, I searched for "wall" in both versions, and (after multiple tests) in both versions I could choose from the results after 2 seconds, and it took about 10 seconds to load the preview images of all the results.

In general, if you set the Favorites palette to show '2D previews' and to 'Filter to Active Tool Only' in 'List View', you should get results faster.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
toofuerte
Contributor
I have recently had the same thing happen, however I don't have more then 300 favorites and I am getting the same issue in the searching in the object settings box, once I start typing it take 30 + seconds before they show anything. When I am searching I try to put in several letters but it starts on the first letter and take 30-120+ seconds to then search with the two letters, and then does the same for the third letter, so the search can take several minutes. I am also having a long wait after changing tools. They may all be related
Gerald Acton "Gary"

Acton Design Services

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit

i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram

AC 19 - AC 26
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone some of my users are reporting issues with AC 22 AUS build 5009 and the search favourites bar. It now pauses on each keystroke causing much agrivation! Has anyone else come across this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
dkovacs wrote:
Hi,

I tried both version with around 1200 favorites, and I couldn't see a difference in speed. Could you try the same project in both versions and jot down how long it took in both versions to show the results of the same search?...

In general, if you set the Favorites palette to show '2D previews' and to 'Filter to Active Tool Only' in 'List View', you should get results faster.
Hi, thanks for your reply and sorry for my very very late response.

I've changed the favorites display settings to '2D previews' and 'Filter to Active Tool Only' but it didn't help.
It had the same problem whether i opened it with an active tool or not.

i was guessing maybe it had something to do with the 'folder' structure of the favorites, so i tried to move everything into a single folder but it didn't help.

If i may ask, how did you set the 1200 or so favorites in that test file? Did it also spread across all the tools available in archicad? Were the names of your favorites have some 'prefixes'?

Is it possible prefixes slowdown the search result in AC22? for example if i named my favorites:
Wall - external
Wall - external type 02
and so on, the same goes for other elements.

I haven't tested this one yet because it'll take to much time to try and rename thousands of favorites
toofuerte wrote:
I have recently had the same thing happen, however I don't have more then 300 favorites and I am getting the same issue in the searching in the object settings box, once I start typing it take 30 + seconds before they show anything. When I am searching I try to put in several letters but it starts on the first letter and take 30-120+ seconds to then search with the two letters, and then does the same for the third letter, so the search can take several minutes. I am also having a long wait after changing tools. They may all be related
Yes, exactly, also, deleting the favorites seems to have little to no effect unless you delete almost all of the favorites, so number of favorites stored seems to be a bit irrelevant here

-John
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

A similar issue (probably the same) is being discussed in this Topic. You can join the conversation over there:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=66023

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Barry Kelly
Topics have been merged

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same with me in v23. AC immediately interrupts me and starts to list all found elements after input of the first letter. I then have to wait until it's finished with listing the last item. Only afterwards I can enter the next letter.
Clicking a tool first is no solution because sometimes a roof functions as a slab.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just out of curiosity: do you have lots of Favorites?
Is it possible that Previews are not yet generated for all Favorites in the Favorites Palette? And once these Previews are generated, Search results will appear faster?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
toofuerte
Contributor
Yes, I am having a hard time with Archicad is taking a long time to select things come up painfully slow. not just the favorites palette but also the info box in AC 23 before I can do anything it is slowing me down and takes 10-20 times what it should take to do anything.
Gerald Acton "Gary"

Acton Design Services

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit

i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram

AC 19 - AC 26