BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

AC 24 Slab Bug? [Answer: changed behavior in AC 22 and above]

Brett Brown
Advocate
Using the Slab tool, butt 2 together edge to edge with one's corner shorter. Now select the larger one and try and put a node at the intersection point. It won't let you, you have to put the node away from the intersection and drag it to it. (The 2 identical slabs don't merge like in 23)
This works fine in 20.
Tried in 23 and it is slightly different only in the fact that the two slabs merge ( new setting somewhere?) and you still can't put a node at the intersection point.
I seem to remember a new feature about slabs merging but you still should be able to put a node at the intersecting point.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear all,

Thanks to Brett's video and explanation, we were able to identify what was the problem here:

- On AC21 and previous versions: when we have 2 slabs next to each other, if we select one slab > click Slab tool > we can add a node at intersection by clicking at the point

- From AC22: this action will start adding a hole on the slab instead. To add the point, we need to click the Arrow tool > click on the edge of the selected slab > Insert new node > move the node to the intersection point.

This happens due to a code cleaning up in AC22. When a slab is selected and the Slab tool is activated, the next action is always be adding a new hole regardless of where you click on the slab (from nodes, from edges or inside the slab).

I hope my explanation is clear enough. Please let me know if you have any further question!
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
No problem for me adding a node on either slab at the intersection.

Full version 24 (AUS) on Windows system - so different to your set up.

And yes there is a new Model View Option setting to adjust the joining line of slabs from version 23 onwards.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Brett Brown
Advocate
Tried Solo on Windows, same problem, instead of the pet palette to add a node etc I get the dimension 1,2, palette as though I was starting another slab.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Brett,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

Unfortunately, I was unable to replicate this issue. Could you make a small video about what happened when you cannot add a node at the intersection of the slabs?

Thank you very much for your help! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear all,

Thanks to Brett's video and explanation, we were able to identify what was the problem here:

- On AC21 and previous versions: when we have 2 slabs next to each other, if we select one slab > click Slab tool > we can add a node at intersection by clicking at the point

- From AC22: this action will start adding a hole on the slab instead. To add the point, we need to click the Arrow tool > click on the edge of the selected slab > Insert new node > move the node to the intersection point.

This happens due to a code cleaning up in AC22. When a slab is selected and the Slab tool is activated, the next action is always be adding a new hole regardless of where you click on the slab (from nodes, from edges or inside the slab).

I hope my explanation is clear enough. Please let me know if you have any further question!
Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Brett Brown
Advocate
Thanks for the explanation Minh, cheers
Barry Kelly
mnguyen wrote:
To add the point, we need to click the Arrow tool > click on the edge of the selected slab > Insert new node > move the node to the intersection point.
Ah, that is why it worked for me.
I always have a habit of returning to the selection tool when I need to select something.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
mnguyen wrote:

This method works regardless of which Tool is active so you don't have to switch to the Arrow Tool for it to work.
Also, I suspect this change is not relevant to Slab so much as it is relevant to all polygon-type elements. So it would also apply in the case of Roofs, Meshes, Fills, etc.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!