Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 25 - 3D view causing graphics crash

smmj
Participant

AMD's WX9100 latest driver and Archicad are currently not playing nice:

Issue:

Windows 11 - 64-Bit Edition -> Adrenalin 21.11.3 Optional-11/17/2021 will cause Archicad 25 to crash in the 3D Viewport

Fix - uninstall AMD's drivers and software and it will stop this from happening

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Be sure to send the Bug Reports off, take a copy of the Bug ID, and then follow up with your local Archicad support people.

You said uninstalling AMD drivers and software solved it.

Just try uninstalling additional Graphics Card software.

i.e. Nvidia has GeForce Experience - this has caused problems in the past.

Also try the 3D window with the Vectorial engine rather than the OpenGL engine (or Hardware Accelerated engine I think they call it now in 25).

If that works then I would suspect the graphics card.

Could be the additional software or maybe an older driver may work (if there is one for Windows 11) - this has worked in the past.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks, Barry, 🤘
...You're right, an older driver could also work, but Archicad is working fast without these installed right now.

The crashes were happening with Hardware acceleration off too.
OpenGL engine I find is a must if you prefer speed/ fast feedback - IMO.

Great to see this community has mod's like yourself looking out for these posts. (I usually send direct Graphisoft bug reports with ID's).

-> Local Archicad support just distributes the software where I'm based (NZ), so I don't see the point of making them aware as they're not the developers -I imagine this business model will change in time due to inefficiencies.

It's forums like this I find helpful when it comes to bugs/crashes. I imagine posting here also helps more people like myself find same-day fix's which is much more efficient than spending time on emails and phone calls with delayed distributors. (especially if an instant same-day fix is possible)

I was not referring to Hardware Acceleration in the Work Environment.

In the 3D Styles you can chose the engine to view the 3D model with.

Vectorial is a bit slow but if the 3D model does not crash, then you know it is not a model problem.

OpenGL has been renamed Hardware Acceleration in 25 (because Macs no longer use OpenGL I believe).

BarryKelly_0-1638156170956.png

The bug reports contain information about your machine and I think what Archicad was doing at the time of the crash.

Graphisoft gets the bug reports but your local distributor should have access to them as well if you can tell them the ID number.

If that is Central Innovation (used to be CadImage), then they can definitely help you out.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11