BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC 25 Cabinet Panel - Unwanted Joint Lines

RileyStudioTF
Participant

I'm using the Base Cabinet Block 25 object and don't want the cabinet panel joints to display, since you often can't really see those joints in real life and it clutters the interior elevations. I've attached photos showing the joints I am talking about if it is not clear.

Is there any way to get rid of these in 3D and interior elevations?? What have y'all come up with as work arounds?

Thanks!!!

cabinet question 2.pngcabinet question.png

9 REPLIES 9
Barry Kelly

Not in the current 25 object it seems.

It has been noted before and entered as a request to fix.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/AC25-Cabinet-Objects/m-p/283151/highlight/true#M146...

And the post Minh was referring to (the original request)..

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/AC25-Cabinet-Objects/m-p/283149/highlight/true#M146...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
BrunoH
Expert

As a work around  you can convert the object to a Form and make an Union (see attatch).

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

Thanks for pointing me to this! I knew I couldn't have been the only one frustrated with this. Do you have any suggestions for how I could have found that post and the resulting defect DEF-5955?? It seems like it was buried pretty deep in that thread and had no tags to help find it. Maybe you just remembered that specific thread and knew where to look? 

Ahh that is pretty clever! Unfortunately, you'd then lose all parametric capability to change the cabinets, correct? But, maybe it's worth doing if I'm further down the road in design and pretty sure things won't change...

RileyStudioTF
Participant

One solution I came up with is creating a custom cabinet door, but as door sizes change throughout your cabinets, the bottom and top "rails" of the panel get stretched based on the overall size of the panel, so they are not equal throughout - see attached. I could make a few different size custom cabinet doors (with equal rails), but not sure if it's worth it at that point. Just thought I'd mention all this if someone else is looking for solutions.

@RileyStudioTF wrote:

It seems like it was buried pretty deep in that thread and had no tags to help find it. Maybe you just remembered that specific thread and knew where to look? 

Yes, basically I just went looking for it.

I knew there was a post and I remembered Minh had replied, so I searched for all posts with 'cabinet' as the search criteria and then added posts by Minh.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

@RileyStudioTF wrote:

One solution I came up with is creating a custom cabinet door, but .....

I was going to suggest that, but you discovered what the problem would be.

Height and width becomes proportional.

So yes, you would have to make a custom door panel for each size.

If the door sizes don't differ too much you might not notice the difference in rail size.

So you might get away with 3 or 4 custom doors.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

As I said it's a work around.

yes you lose parametric capability so I have a special layer where I keep a copy of the objects for eventual futur modifications.

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

Yeah it honestly wouldn't be too time consuming on my current project so I may go that route....The other thing I'm considering is just going back to the AC23 cabinet because it doesn't show the joint lines. My issue with the AC23 cabinet is that I don't want the beveled edge (see attached) and I don't believe there is a way to get rid of that! 

Learn and get certified!