Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 25 stair, floor plan display when positioned below home story

This is a building with minor floor level variations within stories. In the picture below, the same stair is shown positioned

- at 0,00 relative to home story (bottom in picture) and

- at -0,15 m (top), which is what I need.

In the second case, when positioned 0,15 m below, the stair is displaying “above relevant story” but this is its home story, its relevant story in floor plan terms. Is there any procedure/workaround for this, other than 2D drafting?

There are many stairs, so I can't change the Archicad story elevation and elevate all the elements in the story because of this one. The same situation repeats on other stories. 

Bottom stair placed at 0,00, top at -0,15 mBottom stair placed at 0,00, top at -0,15 m

7 REPLIES 7
4dProof
Advisor

you can set the cut line to "manual" rather than related to floor plan cut plane

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Custom break line height doesn't change the fact that the stair is displaying “above relevant story” on its home story plan. 

felcunha
Expert

Just go to the stair settings and, under plan, choose in the upper appropriate level, with break line : visible / hidden

Capture d’écran 2022-01-08 à 16.05.05.png

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

Then I would be in trouble in the story above.

If you change the settings only for the stairs positioned below 0? You can select them through the Search and Select palette.

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

I can't change them individually, they are modules. But independently of that, “above” displays on the stories above —they would still show the break line, so I would need to disable their views in the story above, and 2D draft their projections and manually add break lines as needed, which is what I think I will have to do all over the place.

Lingwisyer
Guru

Is the same Module at different elevations?

If not, you might be able to solve your display issue by first increasing the number of stories that your stairs cross. This will reveal more of the Display Layouts. You can that shift the display options by 1 story, so Below Relevant would become Relevant Bottom, etc. Once this is done, you can reduce your stair back to the desired height and elevation.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660