BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 8.1 Section/Elevation Tool

Working with the Section Elevation tool.
I am unable to change the section marker from "section" to "elevation"
The section appears in floor plan view as "section" all the time.
Selecting the "elevation" marker option, has no effect while initially placing the section or later on while trying to edit.
It appears that the default "section" is stuck and does not allow the display of "elevation" marker.

Is this a program problem or have I missed something ?

Conrado
Win XP Pro, AC 8.1, P4
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check you display options. At the very bottom is the control for the section/elevation markers.
__archiben
Booster
conrado

section/elevation markers have their display controlled in the display options in more detail in 8.1.

i'm not sure that what you're after is in there, however switching them around a bit might do the trick?

let us know . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
That was it. Right under my nose.

Thanks fellows.

Conrado
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can somebody answer this question?

I have saved a quickview with section elevation markers set to display in "elevation" mode, but when I import the quickview into a Plotmaker layout the markers only display in "section" mode.

I can't find an equivalent display option in Plotmaker.

What do I need to do to see the markers in Plotmaker as they are displayed in ArchiCad? (See attached screen shot.)

Tim Boeckman

AC8.1 PM 3.1 on WinNT
Djordje
Ace
Tim wrote:
I have saved a quickview with section elevation markers set to display in "elevation" mode, but when I import the quickview into a Plotmaker layout the markers only display in "section" mode.
Did you try setting it by the section/elevation? In 8 it was a generic Display option, in 8.1 you can set it by section/elevation, and for me it worked.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found my mistake. I forgot to redefine my quickview when I changed the display option for section markers from "normal" to "as in settings".
Learn and get certified!