Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC_DrawingName

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
After updating to AC21 4022, all the drawings with my own TITLE TEXT OBJECT are now displaying ALL the drawings on the layout instead of just the actual drawings name...

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a new glob_variable for the drawing name?

I believe it is used in GS's title types, but they are displaying correctly..

Picture if you will a DETAIL box (on a sheet of details).. My object (worked fine in 3005) Displayed both the Drawing Number (ID) and the Drawing Name in a little box at the bottom of the "cell"...

Now instead of say 2 ROOF TO WALL each detail on the same sheet says

1,2,3,4,5,6 ROOF TO WALL, GABLE END RAKE, EAVE, RIDGE TILE,

you get the idea...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi There

Our office is having the same problems, how do we roll back to a previous version, I cannot find any previous hotfixes available to download?

Or do we uninstall and reinstall all over again?
Barry Kelly
methy wrote:
Hi There

Our office is having the same problems, how do we roll back to a previous version, I cannot find any previous hotfixes available to download?

Or do we uninstall and reinstall all over again?
I am not sure you can roll back easily.
Windows restore - but that may uninstall other programs too.

Reinstall and apply the hotfixes again.

If I remember when I install a hotfix, I like to copy the original program folder and rename it.
Then I always have a working copy of the previous updates I can always go back to.

All the old updates can be found here...

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/updates/ARCHICAD_Updates.html

21 only has the one update so far I believe (4022 which seems to be causing this problem).

Barry.
Archicad_copies.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Actually you can ROLL BACK now...

Just initiate the 3005 updater and it will find archicad.. I believe it asks you to REPAIR your version and will load 3005. It will then tell you that you need to update to the latest version... but ignore it...

Recommended to save WORK ENVIRONMENT stuff before (actually export to xml file somewhere)..

The one thing I lose every time I downgrade is my SAVE 3d STYLES... Not sure if those are exportable...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
ok... the story so far... Was a "comedy" of errors but still not working for me...

Because I had scripted this thing back in 2001 or so... I use the <DRAWINGNAME> glob variable... which is having the same problem as putting the text block in the GRAPHIC 2d window..

Easy enough.. change to AC_DrawingNAME...

But, changing from RICHTEXT back to TEXT2... i did not re-define the style (don't use style {2} for normal TEXT2 styles....)...

Ok... go that working...

But applying to the drawing in the layout will NOT pick up the drawing name! only "0"...

Any ideas here? Doesn't matter if I'm using the VIEW NAME or a CUSTOM NAME... it always shows up "0"

BTW... ac_drawingID seems to be working fine!
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
It is now working... Keep the following in mind.....

a. you MUST create new parameters in the Parameter Dialog matching those variable (they are NOT included in the DRAWING TITLE subtype)...
- ac_drawingName
- ac_drawingScale
- ac_drawingNumber

b. my dissertation on the RICH TEXT issue.. was probably moot..

c. If you have objects with the Drawing Name already placed in your open layouts and you update your Title Object... you'll either have to do a HARD UPDATE to each placed drawing (one sheet at a time???) in order for the NAME and NUMBER to take affect...

I believe CLOSING the file and re-opening will also do the trick..
But just going to another layout does NOT update them...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to update we already reinstalled our AC21 by uninstalling and reinstalling to the initial release
also our drawing titles were created in a much older version of archicad back when there used to be a way to create drawing titles and manage them
but there currently seems no way to go back and edit this old drawing title that must be somehow embedded into the archicad file, any suggestion on how to do this or add new drawing titles into AC21?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
methy wrote:
...but there currently seems no way to go back and edit this old drawing title that must be somehow embedded into the archicad file, any suggestion on how to do this...
You can open a Drawing Title for editing by selecting a Drawing with that Title on a Layout, then using the Open Object... command.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Barry Kelly
This may have been fixed in the latest update build 5002.
Preview only at the moment for AUS, INT, UKI and USA language versions.
All language version should be out in a few weeks.
•235305 DOCUMENT: Custom Drawing Titles could end up displaying the names of all drawings placed on the layout when published.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=58211

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Oosh
Booster
Hello,

I'm having the same drawing title issue in AC 25. The title I'm using was created without any GDL scripting. Instead, the 'Drawing Name' , 'Drawing ID' , and 'Drawing Scale' autotext references are used in the 2D symbol dialogue box. Does anyone have thoughts on how to resolve this?
AC26 5004 | MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2023) | Sonoma 14.0 | Apple M2 Max | 32 GB RAM
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Oosh wrote:
Hello,

I'm having the same drawing title issue in AC 25. The title I'm using was created without any GDL scripting. Instead, the 'Drawing Name' , 'Drawing ID' , and 'Drawing Scale' autotext references are used in the 2D symbol dialogue box. Does anyone have thoughts on how to resolve this?
Hi Oosh,

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry about the issue!

This is a new issue with Custom Drawing Title in AC25 (it was entered in our database as DEF-5748). The issue happens when you export/publish/print to PDF or other formats, but on the layout itself it does not show any issue. At the moment, unfortunately, there is no workaround for this bug yet. I can only suggest using the default titles until the bug gets fixed. Currently, it is targeted for Update 2.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience! Feel free to let me know if you have any further questions, and thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!