Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC_DrawingName

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
After updating to AC21 4022, all the drawings with my own TITLE TEXT OBJECT are now displaying ALL the drawings on the layout instead of just the actual drawings name...

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a new glob_variable for the drawing name?

I believe it is used in GS's title types, but they are displaying correctly..

Picture if you will a DETAIL box (on a sheet of details).. My object (worked fine in 3005) Displayed both the Drawing Number (ID) and the Drawing Name in a little box at the bottom of the "cell"...

Now instead of say 2 ROOF TO WALL each detail on the same sheet says

1,2,3,4,5,6 ROOF TO WALL, GABLE END RAKE, EAVE, RIDGE TILE,

you get the idea...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
23 REPLIES 23
Oosh
Booster
Hi Minh,

Thanks for looking into this. I'm sorry to hear there are no workarounds. Do you have an estimate for when update 2 will be released?

Thanks,
Oosh
AC26 5004 | MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2023) | Sonoma 14.0 | Apple M2 Max | 32 GB RAM
Karl Ottenstein
Oosh wrote:
Thanks for looking into this. I'm sorry to hear there are no workarounds. Do you have an estimate for when update 2 will be released?
At this point, we don't even know when Update 1 will be released.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

At the moment, we are targeting mid-Fall for the second update. The first update will arrive very soon, at the beginning of September if things go well.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

RGGPhnx
Participant

I just noticed the same problem ... I won't repeat it because it sounds like the problem is known and the solution is in the works. 

But this is a VERY HIGH PROIRITY for my firm. THIS IS NOT A LITTLE FORMATTING GLITCH. All of our layouts in all of our projects are predicated on the custom title we have created. Having to change to a "standard" in-the-box title completely changes all of our drawing layouts at their core level. and if we take all the time to reformat, then to get it changed back we have to do it all over again?

NOT ACCEPTABLE, Graphisoft. I have to totally halt all migration to AC 25 (which we paid you for 5 seats of) and I don't know what we are going to do with the projects we have already migrated. 

If anybody finds a workaround, please post it!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!