Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC_DrawingName

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
After updating to AC21 4022, all the drawings with my own TITLE TEXT OBJECT are now displaying ALL the drawings on the layout instead of just the actual drawings name...

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a new glob_variable for the drawing name?

I believe it is used in GS's title types, but they are displaying correctly..

Picture if you will a DETAIL box (on a sheet of details).. My object (worked fine in 3005) Displayed both the Drawing Number (ID) and the Drawing Name in a little box at the bottom of the "cell"...

Now instead of say 2 ROOF TO WALL each detail on the same sheet says

1,2,3,4,5,6 ROOF TO WALL, GABLE END RAKE, EAVE, RIDGE TILE,

you get the idea...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the exact same problem. I recently updated to ArchiCad 21 4022.

My office standard drawing title shows the Drawing ID correctly in the drawing sheet view, but when I publish the sheets as a pdf file, the drawing title displays the ID's of ALL of the drawings on the sheet in each drawing title block.

It does the same thing if I plot the drawing sheets.

I tried changing the title block. I changed the autotext from Drawing ID to Sheet Number. All of the drawings showed the sheet number correctly. When I changed it back to Drawing ID, all of the drawings show the Drawing ID correctly in the sheet view, but not after I publish it to pdf.

I assume there must be something wrong with the publisher.
Nuge
Advocate
I can confirm the same thing is happening to me, i note that cadimage released an updated drawing title object recently. I will take a look at both bits of code and see if i can find the difference
AC27 i9 11900K / 128G ram / GTX 3090 / D5 Render
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just re-installed the previous version (3005), opened the same project and published my layout set to pdf. Everything worked fine.

There's something wrong with the Update 4022.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Thanks for the validation...

I, too, have downgraded.. but now have had to upgrade back to 4022 to be part of a teamwork team...

This is going to get interesting trying to remember to downgrade before publishing my older projects...

Seems like the AC_DrawingName now functions differently.. I also tried to reverse engineer from GS Simple Title... But they also use AC_DrawingName..

Mine ended up showing incorrectly even in the layouts! (prior to publishing) and GS version did not (I did not PUBLISH with their version, so I don't know if it happens then)..

I have a bug report into GS North America.. .But it's running past a week without any kind of update (not trying to bag on them... just indicating the timing)..

My initial thought is to OVERRIDE ALL (300+) titles with a DUMB TEXT (instead of AC_DRAWING NAME)... While my part allows me to do that, I really don't want to..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I sit corrected!

I just opened up the file and it does look CORRECT in Layout.. But even just a PRINT causes the Drawning name to draw all drawings on the sheet. (so you don't have to PUBLISH... just PRINT TO PDF)
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

This is a known bug with the 4022 update. It should look OK in the Layout, but when printed they go wrong. We are trying to fix this for the next update.

But I think there might be a misunderstanding here. This only happens to Custom Drawing Titles that have no 2D script, and the geometry is created exclusively in the 2D symbol window (with Autotext Textboxes to display the name, scale, ID, etc.). If the Title is defined by GDL (using ac_drawingName and other parameters like that), it works properly.

vfrontiers, if you actually have a title object that uses GDL code, and not the 2D symbol, and is affected, please share it, so that we can see what the problem might be with it.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Please read all the way thru this post.. there are several issues...

1. So my object uses the old <DRAWINGNAME> as the text for a RICH TEXT BOX... again, this worked since 2003 up until AC21-4022

2. I cannot get anything from the AC_DrawingName parameter..
Either shows an error (String type expression expected)
or <AC_DrawingName> if I use that punctuation.

3. I have also tried to dumb down the RICH TEXT to just TEXT2, but no luck there either.

4. I've tried creating a Parameter blank to fill with AC_DrawingName, but that does not work either.

It is not shown in the GDL Manual as a REQUEST feature... so I did not go that route.

Any insight would be exceptionally helpful... I need to print next week and did not want to back down to 3005.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Sorry... it would only let me attach ONE at a time...

Here's what it looks like...

I believe this should be a standard detailing title type...

Still have to get the GRAPHIC SCALE to work "automatically"..
If anyone has the piece of code that gives me the NUMBER of the OUTPUT SCALE... (1/4" .... 48, etc)... I'd appreciate.

Now I have to HAND TYPE it in..

The SCALE glob variable returns only the Verbal version (1/4" = 1'-0").. Not always easy to convert.. and doesn't work for non standard scales.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
ALSO... btw...

The same thing is happening with the DrawingID variable... Previously worked, but with 4022... not so much... reads ALL the drawing numbers and places in each box.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!