BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC US Door & Window library innacuracies.

rm
Advisor
I'm wondering if GS is EVER going to provide the US market an updated, realistic, consistent door and window library?!?

Attached are screen shots, plan view, simple metal windows that will not display as an Architect would draw them by hand.

1. The cut frame and or sash ( sash not shown here ) should be drawn with a heavy line, distinct from the non-cut frame and sash. There by showing what is cut and what is not cut through....BASIC GS!

2. The Glass that is cut should be able to show thickness, Yes I have full detailed window selected to be shown. Look at the screen shot of the settings, it too shows 1/2" thick glass, but will not show up that way in plan.

Why even have "override pen settings" with doors and windows. This just is not necessary. Set up the pens you want and call it a day.

I can illustrate dozens if not 100s of inconsistencies in the AC Door and Window library. Doors and Windows are the most common library part used on every architectural project. Why can't GS seem to get this right?!
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
4 REPLIES 4
Could all this be due to not having the correct level of 3D Detail set? I have no problem getting glazing thickness shown with this set to Full. There are also lots of setting in the Plan and Section Pens area.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
rm
Advisor
Richard wrote:
Could all this be due to not having the correct level of 3D Detail set? I have no problem getting glazing thickness shown with this set to Full. There are also lots of setting in the Plan and Section Pens area.
Thanks for the reply. The setting you are showing is for 3D. Ironically I have that working. It's the 2D view I can't get to display properly.
Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Sorry, the 2D detail level is set on the Floor Plan and Section tab. But after looking at this more, it definitely needs work by GS. You may need to go to Cadimage Doors & Windows to get the graphic display you are looking for, as annoying as it is to not get it out of the box.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
rm
Advisor
Richard wrote:
Sorry, the 2D detail level is set on the Floor Plan and Section tab. But after looking at this more, it definitely needs work by GS. You may need to go to Cadimage Doors & Windows to get the graphic display you are looking for, as annoying as it is to not get it out of the box.
Thanks for trying to help. I heard back from GS NA. They acknowledged the short coming of the library and asked me to send them a wish list. I will do it.

I have been submitting these types of inconsistencies in the Door and Window libraries to GS for over a decade. It always lands on deaf ears at GS and the submitted problems never get addressed. Hopefully GS will listen this time.
Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Learn and get certified!