BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC15 Text Blocks

TDabney
Enthusiast
Hello -

I just upgraded to a new Apple 15" Retina Display MBP and am running AC15 (works great BTW). I am finding that when working on projects copied over from my old 17" MBP, ALL text blocks seem to be slightly shifted around and not located exactly where they'd been placed. . . If I select them as if to edit the text and then deselect them (all individually) they return to their proper location. Is this a random anomaly I am experiencing? It is not a good one if it is. . .

Thanks,
Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
4 REPLIES 4
Marton Kiss
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We have checked the situation with Tom and this problem appears to be related to an older font that was used in the shifted text blocks.

We had the same result even on older Macs without Retina Display. After the font was switched e.g. to Arial, the text showed up with correct alignment.
Marton Kiss
VP, Product Success
GRAPHISOFT
TDabney
Enthusiast
A big thanks to Marton & Graphisoft for following up on this and helping me troubleshoot the issue.

Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
Erich
Contributor
Tom,

Other than the font issue (resolved) how is the new mac treating you?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
TDabney
Enthusiast
Erich wrote:
Tom,

Other than the font issue (resolved) how is the new mac treating you?
Hi Erich -

The new Mac is good; quite a bit snappier than my older 17" MacBook Pro. I run an older 30" Apple Cinema Display via a Thunderbolt adapter, so the 15" screen isn't an issue - I was worried about going from a 17" to a 15" screen but it's a non-issue IMHO. The retina display is super crisp. . . the speakers are horrible, but that's not why I upgraded!

Tom
TND Architects P.L.L.C.
macOS 12.7
2021 16" MacBook Pro
Apple M1 Max
ArchiCAD 26/27
Learn and get certified!