BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC17: Doors + Windows in Composite Structures Review

Eduardo Rolon
Based on the changes with PBCs and Building Materials introduced in AC17 I am re-evaluating my workflows for construction documents and would like to review what solutions, opinions, workarounds or bugs are the result of these improvements.

In Puerto Rico basic construction is Concrete with plaster and CMUs with plaster. So I started with a Composite Structure with a Concrete Core and with Cement Plaster as a Finish and placed Doors and Windows to see what I needed to change in my favorites and template file.

My questions follow

Screen Shot 2014-01-12 at 1.51.08 PM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Eduardo Rolon
Condition A:
  • 01 - This can be fixed by using the Wall End Tool
    02 - No idea on how to fix the extra lines in the plaster. It does not matter if I use the Tolerance setting or not those lines remain
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Condition B:
  • 03 - is a connection between an existing wall and a new one. The plaster continues and it is not affected by the BMat setting even if I change them. The only way that the connection is cleaned is if I change Reno setting for the wall from Existing to New.
    04 - This is a wall with an empty door in it. The plaster is removed and I have no idea on what to change.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Condition C

Window Settings with extra lines same as doors and #05 which I don't mind that the thick line "jumps" and what I have decided is to change the Composite setting to get a thinner line weight but I don't know what, if any, is the best practice.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Condition D

Skins not turning in section? Bug or missed setting?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
ejrolon wrote:
Condition B:
03 - is a connection between an existing wall and a new one. The plaster continues and it is not affected by the BMat setting even if I change them. The only way that the connection is cleaned is if I change Reno setting for the wall from Existing to New.
Works here. Exist is Exist Reno Status, other wall is New Status. The reference line of the Exist does go through the New wall (to the Sheathing). Don't know why it is not working in your example.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Eduardo Rolon
Thanks David,

Found the culprit, it was a Renovation setting.
Screen Shot 2014-01-13 at 9.57.13 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
Looks like no takers on this idea.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Learn and get certified!