Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

AC17 - RCP - Still deficient?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was hoping to use the 3D Documents to make an RCP. It seems like Graphisoft is simply designing this tool based on requests they get, rather than doing a ground-up design of RCP Views. It's so piecemeal and backwards.

When I went to finally create one today, it became apparent that you can't have your Gridlines show up the way they show up in plan. Sure, you can turn them on by saying "Display in 3D" - but they won't have the proper line-type.

So, I guess it's back to workarounds - I will either create a Floor Plan View of just the gridlines to overlay in my Layouts, or I'll just go back to layer management.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way or a way I'm not seeing?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Until GS decides to implement a true "upwards" plan view, no joy in Mudville.

As long as we are just shuckin' and jivin' here:
When they do - I would love a new ceiling tool. It would place ceiling slabs like the zone tool - with knowledge of the boundaries of the room.
The new ceiling tool would know where its grid lines were so you could pop lights, sprinkler heads into position without cutting through the tees.
It would also allow you to configure grids after placement, so a 2x2 could become a 2x4 or even 1x1 grid. It should also be adjustable through hotspots so you could either center the entire thing or align it to a curtain wall or core condition.
And make a good espresso macchiato, ... that's all I want...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Until then you should use the Ceiling Editor Object:
The 3D ceiling object is available from BIMComponents portal. One is optimized for metric and the other is for imperial units
INT (metric default):
https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/12977

US (imperial default):
https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/12978
Drop a comment if you have thoughts or wishes about how to improve the functionality of this object.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27