BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC18 - Options - Check surfaces

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm tidying up Missing Objects from attributes in my library. The information button includes a sentence at the bottom, giving the following advice:

"Missing textures might come from an unused rendering engine's surface parameters. Use the command Options - Check Surfaces... to check and remove these parameters from Archicad.

So, I can't find that command anywhere - I've searched for the phrase "Check Surfaces" in the AC18 Reference guide (no mention), this forum (no mention), and Google (no Archicad-relevant mention), to no avail.

Did the Check Surfaces tool get the flick when Building Materials arrived? But if so, what's the latest tool/advice for cleaning up these missing parameters?

Thanks for any guidance, folks.
8 REPLIES 8
Erich
Contributor
You may need to add the command to your work environment.
Screen Shot 2014-12-19 at 7.44.41 PM.jpg
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Done! Thanks Erich. Never would have worked that out by myself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The tool is not in option but in option->elements attributes, long way down the list.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Ilder wrote:
The tool is not in option but in option->elements attributes, long way down the list.
Yes!

Earlier this year I submitted a bug report about this as the warning in the Dialog gives the incorrect path.

And to put more information into the Help Center about this undocumented feature. AFAIK it is included to address legacy textures from the old Lightworks rendering settings.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
...and the information box that pops up when you run the tool seems designed to confuse and discourage continuing - it made me wonder, "just what potentially devastating action am I agreeing to here? Perhaps I'd better cancel."
But then I thought, "No, this is Archicad. That's how all their warning messages sound."
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's probably worth noting that, in my quest to remove all "missing objects from attributes" clean-up process, this tool did remove seven of the 18 textures that were flagged in the Library Loading Report window - so that did save me a bit of time, I guess.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ilder wrote:
Ilder, that doesn't seem to be the case in my (Australian) version of Archicad - see screep-capture. Is yours customised?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not costumized,
i'm running INT version. Localization issue i guess.
Learn and get certified!