Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

AC21 Stair Tool Problem

toman311
Enthusiast
I am having trouble creating the winders the way I want them. I was easily able to do this in AC20, but with the new stair tool, I am now confused. I am making a new stair exactly as the one we already have, but I need to make some adjustments.

So, I want 4 winders, yet every time I try to do that, there is always a 5th riser right in the middle of the U-shaped stair. I attached two pictures to show you my problem. I don't know how I can go about remaking this AC20 stair in AC21. Does anybody know or have any ideas?

Maybe someone can help me with the following question too. The reason I am making another stair is because SOMEHOW the stair I made in AC20 got turned into an object. So, I cannot make the small adjustments that I need. So, I thought I would just make another stair. This is turning out to take much longer than I thought and is more confusing than it should be. I'm guessing the reason the AC20 stair turned to an object was because the stair tool was reinvented in AC21, so the old AC20 stairs cannot inherit the new programming. Instead, they turn to objects. Is my theory on why my AC20 stair is an object and is not classified as a stair anymore correct?

EDIT: I opened up the same file, but in AC20 (I saved a copy in AC20 before upgrading the project to AC21) and the stair was under the Stair classification. I copied and pasted it into AC20 and it turned into an Object classification. So, I think it is safe to say that the stair got turned into the object because of the major change in the stair tools programming.

problem.png
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
2 REPLIES 2
toman311
Enthusiast
Does nobody have a similar issue when they try and draw a stair in AC21? Am I the only one?
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
In AC20 and before, all custom stairs get saved as objects. But you can open these and adjust the settings. At the lower left corner of the stair settings dialog box you'll see "Edit Stair" if one is selected for editing, otherwise you'll see "Create Stair" if nothing is selected.

Issues with the AC21 stair are above my pay grade at the moment.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10