BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC21 can't get stairs>treads in floor plan transparent

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,

I can't get stairs>treads in floor plan to be transparent, its a steel stringer staircase and i need the tread plates and end plates to be visual from floor plan so i can dimension them...help please!

Cain
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
The opacity of Treads does not influence the visibility of Tread Plates on the Floor Plan. The Structure of the Stair, if checked to be visible, will be displayed properly regardless of the opacity of Tread. So it is not the case of Treads overlapping Tread Plates in 2D.

I am not exactly sure but I think what happens here is that Structure GDL Objects (such as "Flight Beam 21") are not scripted in a way to be able display Tread Plates in 2D, only in 3D. So the Structure is displayed in 2D only in a simplistic way, mostly the bounding box geometry of the Beam/Cantilever/Stringer is displayed.

You should create a wish for option to display details of Structures (Tread Plates etc.) in the 2D of Stairs.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, I ended up having to lay 2d lines over the floor plan where the plates are located, not ideal, although still really happy with the new stair tool.
Learn and get certified!