BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC23: Saving Multiple Copies

Vitruvius
Contributor
Hi,

I have a project which saves a new file every time I hit save - for example FILEname 01, FILEname 02, FILEname 03 etc. I can obviously just delete the earlier versions but I've never had this happen with older versions. I've had a look around the Work Environment and for the life of me cannot figure out how to simple have it save .PLN & .BPN.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thx
Cameron Hestler, Architect

AC 24 & 25 (3011) / MacMini i7-8700B @ 3.2 GHz / 32GB Ram / 512GB SSD

LG Ultrafine 4K monitor 22" & 27”

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
4 REPLIES 4
Vitruvius
Contributor
Whats strange is that the original file name was Survey 2019 10 21 (as in the date) and its just started counting up from that.

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Cameron,

Thank you very much for your question and I am very sorry about the issue!

What you have reported here happens when a cloud-synced location is used for storing projects. This is not supported currently, see this Help Center article on the topic: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/95438/

The reason for that is because Archicad’s Save function involves generating temporary files, lock files and extended disk I/O operation. Most popular sync clients have no periodical check for file changes and try to sync whenever a change is detected on a monitored folder. This prevents Archicad from saving the file properly, thus creating a new file in place of the "old" file.
But if this is not the case, please check if you have the full rights for this folder.

Let me know if this helps!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Vitruvius
Contributor
Thanks Minh!

I seem to have found the source of the problem. There is a checkbox for the BIM Tech add-on which I turned off and it solved the problem. Files are now saved as .PLN and .BPN per my ArchiCad preferences.

Screenshot attached.

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Vitruvius wrote:
Thanks Minh!

I seem to have found the source of the problem. There is a checkbox for the BIM Tech add-on which I turned off and it solved the problem. Files are now saved as .PLN and .BPN per my ArchiCad preferences.

Screenshot attached.
Hi,

Thank you very much for the information! This is very strange to hear that an external addon can affect the saving operation of Archicad. Nevertheless, I will keep that in mind if a similar issue is reported in our system!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!