BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC26 Bug: Cursor

DGSketcher
Legend

Is it me or has the cursor become next to useless when it comes to feedback on selection? Feels like I'm shooting in the dark trying to connect associative dimensions to the right node as the tick mark feedback and other cursor forms aren't appearing I am just seeing the pointer arrow. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
28 REPLIES 28

Yes I am getting this too. It normally is fixed if you switch window. If you used cmd+tab to swap apps to bring Archicad back to the foreground it sticks on cmd and tries to cut everything or sometimes sticks in pipette or inject too. You have to select whichever modifier key it is stuck on to deactivate it. I reported it at Beta stage. There's an issue with zooming too.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Hi Lee. There were a couple of issue we could reproduce in this area - Mac only.

One was holding a modify key when Archicad was inactive but clicking to Archicad to make it the active application. This was fixed for the shipping version.

The other one we've identified, was after window switching (Cmd+Tab) and then immediately hold/tap Shift - will stick the Inject function, for me tapping Option will correct this. This is already fixed internally and will make its way in an update later this year.

If you find other issues that you can reproduce, please let me know.

James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

Thanks for the update James. They are both the issues I had noted. I think the issue where a modifier key is pressed and Archicad is reactivated still happens for me. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Eduardo Rolon

Also if you change the Orientation in plan the cursor follows that orientation on Elevs and Sections which affects mirror and label placement.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Mouse freeze is sticking is an issue for me. Also copy ghosting disappears when making copies of text objects etc. Work around seams to be by switching to another program such as Safari window and then back to Archicad. Hopefully this can resolving in updates.

Running on macOS 11.6 Big Sur. Running build 4022. Couple of issues:

1. Periodically, zooming in and out with the scroll wheel will not zoom to the location the cursor is located, so it makes it very difficult to move to the location desired. Reapplying the Work Environment fixes it for a period of time.

2. Periodically, moving an item, not sure if it's always text, but it's definitely text at times, the ghost will get stuck and I have no idea where the text will end up. Again, reapplying the W.E. fixes it for a period of time. 

ArchiCad 27 | Mac Studio 2023 w/ 27" mac monitor | M2 Ultra | 64 GB | Sonoma 14.2.1 | Indiana

What type of mouse are you using? I'm wondering if that might be an issue. I'm using a logitech on a mac. My coworker is using the apple mouse and has zero issues. 

ArchiCad 27 | Mac Studio 2023 w/ 27" mac monitor | M2 Ultra | 64 GB | Sonoma 14.2.1 | Indiana
clints
Booster

So, there have been several updates to v26 now and still no reason why my mouse periodically wigs out on me. It will either not zoom to the area intended while using the scroll wheel, or won't show me the bounding box of the item I'm attempting to drag to a location, or won't let me pick up parameters. Yes, going to a different window and coming back fixes it. Is this what ArchiCAD has come to? 

This should be fixed in Update 3 which should be released any day now.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Learn and get certified!