Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC26 Startup Dialog Bug

DGSketcher
Legend

I just launched AC and another app while waiting for AC to appear I started typing in the first the first app only to have AC steal focus resulting in my typing "8/20" in the search field. The search field entry cannot be undone or replaced if there is no matching file name. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
7 REPLIES 7
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this issue with us!

May I ask you to clarify what is happening step by step?
What application is opened next to Archicad? Where are you start to type? 
Could you please share every event that lead to this error?
If it helps the understanding please attach some pictures or a screen recording.

Kind regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer

DGSketcher
Legend

@Benjamin Dani The other app is irrelevant. The problem is typing in the search field contents.

I can consistently reproduce by...

1. Quit current AC26

2. Restart AC26

3. When Start Archicad 26 dialog appears immediately start typing.

4. The search field will take the text by default.

5. It doesn't matter the text value as long as it generates zero results.

6. [Optional] Press enter.

7. After a short delay the search field goes grey and locks.

This doesn't happen if a zero results search entry follows a previously successful search.

Hope that helps?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Hello, 

Thank you for the steps!
I tried to reproduce the issue following them but I was unable to do that.
The search field is only gray and locked if there are no recent projects in the startup screen. 
Is it possible to make a screen recording showing the whole process? Maybe I'm missing out on something. 

Thank you in advance,

Dani Benjamin

DGSketcher
Legend

@Benjamin Dani That was the point. If you mistype a search entry which has no match then you are locked out from using the search option. As far as I am aware there is no way to undo the search field locking to display the files again? If that is the case you can only quit or move use the browsing option.

I just tried and can confirm the search field goes grey and locks.

I just opened 26.

Typed random letters in the search.

Nothing happened for a while and I could edit/delete the search - NOTE: there is no cancel ('X') button - you have to select and delete.

But if you wait 5 or 10 seconds, eventually the search filed locks and goes grey.

No way to clear or de-activate it.

And because the search does not match any of the recent files, they all disappear to, so you have to 'Browse'.

BarryKelly_0-1660786904216.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@Barry Kelly Thanks for confirming and its not just a macOS thing.

For me the auto lockout happens a lot quicker, about 2 seconds. I am thinking it may be tied to the autocomplete setting in the work environment. That or my mac is a lot faster than your PC... 😉

@Benjamin Dani Any further thoughts?

Hi,

I managed to reproduce the issue on Windows and also made some tests and it seems that issue is only affecting Archicad 25 and 26.  
According to these tests I have entered defect DEF-10335. 
Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a solution for this yet.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences!

I hope the defect will be fixed as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Dani Benjamin