Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

AC26 base cabinets visibility

ahmad525
Booster

hey guys

so ive been using AC25 base cabinets and i moved to AC 26 recently.  in AC 25 it was automatically joining the footing of different units, but in Ac 26 it doesnt seem to join even though ive tried everything and now i kind of waster like 2 hours trying to figure out whats going on.

any help is appreciated  

image.png

image (1).png

image (2).png

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
marussa
Participant

Hi,

if you use legs for cabinet base and then use plinth in front, the lines are gone!!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Ezy_Mii
Contributor

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I'm going through this issue now - did you happen to find a resolution? Pointless moving forward with Archicad cabinets if I have to draw a line over to conceal the join

hey ! 

unfortunately no solution yet. because of that i reverted back to AC 25. im looking into using CI tools cabinet but then again it raises new issues with benchtop being separated from the cabinet tool itself. 

Ezy_Mii
Contributor

What a PITA - i'm migrating over to AC26 so testing the cabinet in lieu of using CI tools, but I also can't see anywhere to show the visibility of the side walls and shelves (dashed behind) in my Internal Elevations

Exactly. after some research i found out that the best solution would be using a 3d party library. there's a bim manager whose creating AC libraries for more than 10 years. its called 4d library and its pretty similar to CI tools, the only difference is no mirror project option. if you are based in australia, look it up.  

TracyGA
Contributor

I was excited to see that my question was already posted, with hopes that there was a solution.  It looks like there isn't? 😞 I'm not sure why Graphisoft would have down graded the cabinet library part to make these lines stay in version 26.  It makes the interior elevations look terrible and the only solution I can find is to place a cover fill over the lines!  Hoping that this gets fixed soon.

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 9.54.43 AM.png

Solution
marussa
Participant

Hi,

if you use legs for cabinet base and then use plinth in front, the lines are gone!!!

This is a genius workaround. I just used it in AC27 and it works great! Still waiting on Graphisoft to fix this issue.