Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC9 - Black background - Magic wand tool - bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

i found a problem in AC9 when using black background. All part of Magic wand tool don't change color too white. This work i AC7, is there someone who has a solution for this? Or is it a bug?

And don't say that I should have white background, I've no response for that in our company.

/Tobias
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
TurboGlider wrote:
And don't say that I should have white background, I've no response for that in our company.
This is an official reason for NOT having black backgrounds (do a search - it has been discussed before). Maybe one day we'll have an option to select 'marquee colour' in the same way that we can choose grid & selection dots' colours. Balasz where are you??

Also a white background is not very useful - you can't see (sic) white objects drawn on it. Many experienced archicad users find an off-white background to be the most productive way of working.

HTH - Stuart
Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
StuartJames wrote:
This is an official reason for NOT having black backgrounds (do a search - it has been discussed before). Maybe one day we'll have an option to select 'marquee colour' in the same way that we can choose grid & selection dots' colours. Balasz where are you??
Here I am
This can be a wish, just please vote, so we can get a feedback, how important is that for you. (I made a wish)
In my opinion TurboGlider, you should use a gray background at your company, instead of black. (because of ergonomic reasons)

Balazs
Djordje
Ace
Balazs wrote:
StuartJames wrote:
Here I am
This can be a wish, just please vote, so we can get a feedback, how important is that for you. (I made a wish)
In my opinion TurboGlider, you should use a gray background at your company, instead of black. (because of ergonomic reasons)

Balazs
The neon lighting in the offices using computers should be banned for the same reason ... a desk lamp is less expensive and infinitely better.

Is your screen lighter than the area behind it? Or is the area behind glaring?

I would disable the black in the background options ... 😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen