BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC9 Questions & Answers?

MSotero
Participant
Many of us have questions about AC9 and some actually know the answers (GS especially).
Why not use this topic to thread your questions about AC9 and hopefully get some answers here too (perhaps from GS directly).

Here are some initial questions I have (probably more to come):
1) Does the new text editor (word processor) handle multi-column text directly or by import from Word? So we might be able to do sheet specs and other extensive documentation?
2) Can the PM grid system be used/adapted to handle flowing text and auto generate the next sheets? If not, it seems the core technology is already in place given that you can import a .pln file and have it generate sheets now.
3) Given the work flow improvements, has there been any attempt at providing a truly integrated working method of handling typical base sheets for mechanical, electrical, structural, etc drawings?
41 REPLIES 41
Laci Neda
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
MSotero wrote:
1) Since multi-columns are out, can an entire "multiple page" Word document be pasted into AC and PM?
Although it has now been answered. You can now copy and paste multiple page texts from word into one textblock in ArchiCAD and the original formatting will be retained.
MSotero wrote:
2) Even though you may not be able to answer this question directly.....
?
Thanks for the thourogh explanation, we will consider it for the future.
László Néda
Architect
Business Development Manager
GRAPHISOFT SE
Anonymous
Not applicable
Haven't seen anything on this so I figured I'd ask:

Can you have a detail in a detail?
Can section marks be linked to existing sections?

These seemed to be popular issues at one time so I just wanted to check if there was any progress on them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Laci,

I was wondering if the Lightworks integration includes landscaping parts.. trees, shrubery.. etc?

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Two questions about acv9

From the demo videos I've seen, the new text editor can change existing text blocks in many different ways, but can one do all this new stuff like changing fonts, indents, etc etc "on the fly" as you write the first time around as well ??

Will ACv9 work on WinXP Home or only XP Pro, as indicated in the Software specs.

TIA

Naftali
XP Home
Dwight
Newcomer
changing fonts, indents, etc etc "on the fly" as you write the first time around as well ??

Yes. it is live as you go, but like any text editor it is better to place the data first, then format ...
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Some things I got from the following website movies:

http://www.gscne.com/software/archicad9.htm

Top 20 Reasons to upgrade to Archicad 9

20. Ability to search in libraries
19. Copied element to remain selected after copying
18. Can step back with esc key
17. Dockable pallets
16. Can fillet/Chamfer all corners of a rectangle at the same time.
15. Fills and hatches can be applied to slabs, roofs and zones.
14. Text of a imported module can be horizontal or vertical when the module is rotated at an odd angle.
13. View sets can contain a different dimension preference for each view.
12. Importing drawings into plotmaker will place drawings in a preset grid layout.
11. Multi-line drawing names are possible
10. PDF output from plotmaker using publisher.
9. Layouts retain drawing number when publishing.
8. Autocad 12 thru 2004 support
7. Autocad iDrop technology
6. Text Editor
5. Different text styles and colors within the same text block.
4. Individual profiles that can be imported and maintained
3. Lightworks rendering engine with reflections.
2. Dual processor support.

And the #1 reason to upgrade to Archicad 9 (US Pricing)

1. $250 cheaper now rather than later.
Djordje
Ace
Naftali wrote:
Will ACv9 work on WinXP Home or only XP Pro, as indicated in the Software specs.
Works on Home too (see my signature)
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Karl Ottenstein
Millard wrote:
Some things I got from the following website movies:

http://www.gscne.com/software/archicad9.htm

Top 20 Reasons to upgrade to Archicad 9
Some clarifications...
18. Can step back with esc key
Not sure what they mean by 'step back', but the new esc functionality is as it should have been all along. If you have selected something and press esc, the selection is cleared. If you have a marquee and press esc, the marquee is cleared. Marquee and a selection, first esc clears selection, second esc clears marquee. Seems innocuous, but try going back to 8.1 after using this (and other similar things) for a while.
2. Dual processor support.
This only applies to the LightWorks rendering engine. This is nonetheless good news.
And the #1 reason to upgrade to Archicad 9 (US Pricing)

1. $250 cheaper now rather than later.
The price quoted by my US reseller is $100 less now than later: $495 until Sept 30, and $595 afterwards if upgrading from 8.1. (Plus shipping / tax.) If upgrading from 7.0 or earlier, the order form shows $790 through Sept 30 and $890 afterwards. Unspecified discounts apply for 5 or more licenses.

[Edited:] Ah, I see from a different thread that your "$250 cheaper" refers to sites upgrading 10 or more licenses since all volume discounting is ending in the US on October 1.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Is the Text Editor capable of spell checking with in the box itself vs. after text is placed on the plan?
Thanks,
Joseph Harouni
Karl Ottenstein
Joseph wrote:
Is the Text Editor capable of spell checking with in the box itself vs. after text is placed on the plan?
After it is placed.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!