BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC9 Questions & Answers?

MSotero
Participant
Many of us have questions about AC9 and some actually know the answers (GS especially).
Why not use this topic to thread your questions about AC9 and hopefully get some answers here too (perhaps from GS directly).

Here are some initial questions I have (probably more to come):
1) Does the new text editor (word processor) handle multi-column text directly or by import from Word? So we might be able to do sheet specs and other extensive documentation?
2) Can the PM grid system be used/adapted to handle flowing text and auto generate the next sheets? If not, it seems the core technology is already in place given that you can import a .pln file and have it generate sheets now.
3) Given the work flow improvements, has there been any attempt at providing a truly integrated working method of handling typical base sheets for mechanical, electrical, structural, etc drawings?
41 REPLIES 41
Laci Neda
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
tprokop wrote:
Can you have a detail in a detail?
Can section marks be linked to existing sections?
Sorry, I'm afraid not.
László Néda
Architect
Business Development Manager
GRAPHISOFT SE
Laci wrote:
tprokop wrote:
Can you have a detail in a detail?
Can section marks be linked to existing sections?
Sorry, I'm afraid not.

Vote, vote, vote!!!
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Karl wrote:
Marquee and a selection, first esc clears selection, second esc clears marquee.
With no command in process, selection, or marquee, esc activates the arrow tool. I guess that's as far as it can go. (AC10: more esc'ing gives Close, Quit, Shut down, drive me home...? )

Hey, 200!
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Anonymous
Not applicable
Question..

Does AC 9 Include 3d lanscaping (Bushes, trees, etc..) for Lightworks? If not where can Lightworks compatible plants be found?

Thanks
Laci Neda
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
There are some bitmap trees and bushes you can use. See attached picture.
garden.JPG
László Néda
Architect
Business Development Manager
GRAPHISOFT SE
Karl Ottenstein
Rashid wrote:
where can Lightworks compatible plants be found?
What do you mean by LW compatible, Rashid? (Or better, what would an in-compatible object be?) Anything in your model will render with LW.

The ArchiBAM and other trees from GDL Central render better than the standard (flat) bitmap ones because they apply bitmap folliage to polygons so that shadows are more realistic at all sun angles and fly throughs make more sense.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
__archiben
Booster
Karl wrote:
Rashid wrote:
where can Lightworks compatible plants be found?
What do you mean by LW compatible, Rashid? (Or better, what would an in-compatible object be?) Anything in your model will render with LW.
maybe you mean RPC people and trees? as far as i'm aware there is a module for lightworks that does this, but i don't think that it's licensed by GS for archiCAD 9 at the moment . . .

anybody else know more about this?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Dwight
Newcomer
yeah.no.
Dwight Atkinson
stefan
Expert
~/archiben wrote:
maybe you mean RPC people and trees? as far as i'm aware there is a module for lightworks that does this, but i don't think that it's licensed by GS for archiCAD 9 at the moment . . .
anybody else know more about this?
~/archiben
RPC is not supported in AC9.

People in need for RPC editing can try the plugin for Photoshop and add them in post.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Dwight
Newcomer
but not mac.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!