Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

AC9 - Wall intersections not cleaning up

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seems like a basic issue:

We've got a simple, small, shared file that only has fills, lines text and a few walls. Yesterday all looked good, as expected.

Today, our wall intersections aren't cleaning up. Yes, we have opted for clean intersections in Display Options. Walls are on the same layer. In fact drawing a four sided box with the wall tool produces the problem.

Hardly a power-user question!! I'm stumped.

Is there an issue that others have seen here.
9 REPLIES 9
__archiben
Booster
RobertNichols wrote:
Yes, we have opted for clean intersections in Display Options. Walls are on the same layer. In fact drawing a four sided box with the wall tool produces the problem.
does seem basic, but i can't think of anything else either! can you post a screenshot of the effect you're seeing on screen?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's a screen shot. I'm certain the walls *should* clean up, as they were drawn with the 4-sided box mode of the wall tool. So, they are on the same layer, other attributes are the same, and they meet properly.
__archiben
Booster
mate - i'm absolutely stumped. but i have this niggling feeling there's something really basic i'm not thinking about.

what happens if you select two of the walls and try and force then to intersect using the 'Intersect' or 'Adjust' commands . . ?

you could also do a 'new & reset all'? (hold down the ALT key and then File>New & Reset All - be sure to have your work environment saved somewhere safe if you've defined one . . .) does that clear it?

is it possible for you to zip and send me the file as well - email address is in my signature below . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
Tom Krowka
Booster
Could it be a display issue on the monitor and not an AC problem at all? I had some similar problems and had to tweak settings to get the drawings to display correctly.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
What it would happen if you start new file with default project settings,
and than draw the walls. That is what i have done ones and it worked

Hopefully it helps
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the opposite problem: I have walls with different priorities in the layers box, but they continue to join up both in 2D and 3D: why is this happening?

Shaun
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shaun wrote:
I have the opposite problem: I have walls with different priorities in the layers box, but they continue to join up both in 2D and 3D: why is this happening?

Shaun

What priorities?
Changing just fills or moving to a different layer don't work.
Try moving them to different layers AND changing the Layer Intersection Group number on the layer settings.

Does it works?
Anonymous
Not applicable
avcamara wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Shaun

What priorities?
Changing just fills or moving to a different layer don't work.
Try moving them to different layers AND changing the Layer Intersection Group number on the layer settings.

Does it works?
Alexandre,

They are in different layers, and have different layer intersection group numbers: ie wall in layer x nº 1 intersects with wall in layer y nº 30. I haven't had this problem before when I have used the layer intersection group numbers.

Shaun
__archiben
Booster
Shaun wrote:
They are in different layers, and have different layer intersection group numbers: ie wall in layer x nº 1 intersects with wall in layer y nº 30. I haven't had this problem before when I have used the layer intersection group numbers.
this is your problem! elements on layers with different intersection group numbers will never clean-up/cut/or otherwise interact with each other!

there is an add-on in your goodies folder that will automatically set intersection priorities based on the currently visible layer set. don't forget that intersection group numbers are saved with the layer combination as well, so you can have as much flexibility as you wish.

tell me . . . why a intersection group number of 30?????!!!! you really only need 0, 1 and 2. some would say just 0 and 1 . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t