Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

ADDING ZONE AREAS

cadsph
Enthusiast

Hi,

How do I add 3x areas and create a new row in a table, while not adding the total area?

Please see attached

(note: total area - Site Area 687.04)

Screenshot 2022-08-11 222841.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Andrii Levko
Expert

The easiest way is to give the same name to 3 zones and select "merge items" in the upper left corner.
If you need different names for these zones, as an option, separate these zones into 2 different categories with the name you need (Site Area and Site Coverage), display these fields (Zone Category) in schedule and select "marge items".

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
Win11 | Ryzen 5600 | 16 GB | GTX 1650

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

Add another field so you can flag that for subtotals. You would have to pick a field where you can set something to differentiate your zones.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Solution
Andrii Levko
Expert

The easiest way is to give the same name to 3 zones and select "merge items" in the upper left corner.
If you need different names for these zones, as an option, separate these zones into 2 different categories with the name you need (Site Area and Site Coverage), display these fields (Zone Category) in schedule and select "marge items".

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001
cadsph
Enthusiast

Hi Andrii,

Your right, I can create create a new zone categories and merge. But I can't create a schedule where I can show the zone "name" & "category" in same column.

I'm only going off an example shown to me, I don't know how the table was generated.

It could have been a table of text? I don't know.

Here's the best can do (please see attached).

I've also attached the example. 

my schedule.jpgexample.jpg

Your schedule looks good,

If you also need a subtotal of 3 zones (281.59 m2), just select the flag opposite the zone category and the Sum icon opposite area in the schedule settings.

Andrii_02.00.37.png

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001

It seems the example table were generated as text, because it's not logical (at least for me).

In Archicad schedule you can have all this data (I mean subtotal) only in a different order.

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001

I agree.

I finally did it this way, and used zones to do it, but I had to cheat a little with creating the shape of the site coverage zone, and used reno filter to control where the zones showed in which table. 

Screenshot 2022-08-12 160648 UPDATED SITE ANAL.jpg
Andrii Levko
Expert

Great !!!

Andrii
AC 8.1 - 27 INT/POL 3001