Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 19 Update 4011 Is Available

AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
We have released ArchiCAD 19 Update 4011. Besides several improvements this Update makes ARCHICAD 19 compatible with MAC OS X 10.11 (El Capitan). It is currently available through the automatic update system for the INT, USA, UKI, NZE language versions. GER and AUT versions will be released tomorrow. Further language versions will be enabled as they pass Quality Control. You can download the Update packages from the Release Notes page here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/AC19/AC19-3003to4011-ReleaseNotes.html
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable
does anyone know if Archicad 17 is affected by El Capitan
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, there is information:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/operating-systems/mac-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-beta/

ARCHICAD 17 is not supported:
ARCHICAD versions 17 and older, 17 SOLO and older, SE 2014 and older: Do NOT upgrade your MAC OS to MAC OS X 10.11. These versions will not be supported on MAC OS 10.11.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
a "Get Info" query of the ArchiCAD.app file says it's version 4006. hmmmm.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Aaron wrote:
a "Get Info" query of the ArchiCAD.app file says it's version 4006. hmmmm.
Dear Aaron,

The fact that the Get Info displays this information won't cause any problems. You can read the relevant info about the difference of Build numbers in the first part of the Release Notes:

"Update package Build 4011 contains ARCHICAD and BIM Server build 4006 and BIM Server Manager build 4011. This means that:

•The package build number (registered in the ProductVersion.xml) is 4011
•BIM Server build number is 4006
•BIM Server Manager is 4011
•ARCHICAD.exe build number is 4006.

Note that the “About ARCHICAD” splash screen will correctly display build 4011. Due to an error, License Information dialog will show build 4006."

Should you have any further questions don't hesitate to let us know.

Kind regards,
Andor
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Thanks Andor.

I installed the AC19 Hotfix prior to upgrading to El Capitan. Curiously, I reapplied the Hotfix after upgrading the OS and it didn't prompt me to say that I had already applied the Hotfix.

All good so far.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did the latest update yesterday, and now every time I try to open a door dialogue box settings, it crashes. Anyone having similar issues?
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
rc3d wrote:
I did the latest update yesterday, and now every time I try to open a door dialogue box settings, it crashes. Anyone having similar issues?
rc3d, A colleague of mine mentioned he received a similar call about it. Since you are in the USA I will PM you to ask for some details that will help us investigate the matter.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
rc3d wrote:
Are you using Cadimage doors by any chance? I found a glitch for them recently in AC18 which was crashing Archicad, but an update has now fixed it. If you are using Cadimage's tools try checking for updates.
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It is too early to tell at the moment, but several Updates from Microsoft were released yesterday. So while we have not yet confirmed it in the USA Tech Support office, it is possible an Update to Microsoft Windows may be triggering this issue where ARCHICAD crashes when opening the Settings dialog for either the Door or Window tool. So far it appears to be restricted to Windows 7. It appears to be affecting ALL versions of ARCHICAD not just version 19 or 18. So it is nothing to do with Update 4011. My initial tests on Windows 10 does not reveal a problem there.

There are reports of problems from Outlook users as well:
- And another user has reported from their IT dept. That several other applications are negatively impacted after the recent updates from Microsoft.

In our initial testing in the USA Tech Support office, using the System Restore function brought back functionality to the Windows and Doors settings dialogs in ARCHICAD.

We will continue investigating and work on preparing an official statement about this.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Updated News about Crashes when accessing the Door or Window settings dialogs:

It appears that Security Update for Windows 7 (KB3097877) is the component from Microsoft that is causing all the trouble with ARCHICAD and other applications. We have reports from users that after uninstalling update KB3097877 full functionality will return to the Door/Window Tool settings dialog in ARCHICAD.

If you do a web search with "KB3097877" as the search term you will find it is causing troubles with a lot of software. So we will evaluate the issue and it is highly likely that Microsoft will need to address this matter.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center