Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 19 Update 5005 Is Available

mtron
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We have released ARCHICAD 19 Update 5005. This Update contains many Teamwork and BIM Server related and other improvements. It is currently available through the automatic update system for the INT, UKI, USA, AUS, NZE, GER, AUT language versions. Further language versions will be enabled as they pass Quality Control. You can download the Update packages from the Release Notes page here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/AC19/AC19-4013to5005-ReleaseNotes.html
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Even after this update I still have the freezing problem.

ArchiCAD 19 freezes very often. I've noticed this on few PCs. That could happen even after selecting an item on the plan, e.g. wall or beam, or after a command, e.g. Move. I mean I have not noticed any special situation when this happens. This could even happen if I have only few lines in my file and nothing else.
The most interesting thing is, that if I wait for 4-5 minutes, ArchiCAD becoming responsible again.
Sometimes (rarely) ArchiCAD becoming responsible after I press Ctrl+Break.
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Rammstein,

Odd freezes unrelated to any specific action are often caused by network problems. If you are in teamwork, or even in a solo file if there is external content (drawing, library, hotlink) in the file, or simply your file is on a network drive, ARCHICAD may check those network locations in the background, and if they are not available, you may experience that as a random "freeze". When the network recovers, ARCHICAD becomes responsive again. Make sure the servers you are using are reliably available.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
gpowless
Advocate
gkmethy wrote:
Rammstein,

Odd freezes unrelated to any specific action are often caused by network problems. If you are in teamwork, or even in a solo file if there is external content (drawing, library, hotlink) in the file, or simply your file is on a network drive, ARCHICAD may check those network locations in the background, and if they are not available, you may experience that as a random "freeze". When the network recovers, ARCHICAD becomes responsive again. Make sure the servers you are using are reliably available.
Did you once work for Microsoft? Blaming the hardware is one of the mantras their customer service uses when responding to BSD complaints LOL!
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Eduardo Rolon
It is not blaming the hardware when the cause, as Gergely indicates is true most of the times. 90% of the times I have seen AC slow down has been either:
• A slow network
• A problem with the server
• A HD that is dying
-----
The other 10% is GS blame or usually user error
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all replies. I'm working only on solo projects from my local drives. Generally I don't have external drawings in my projects. When I'm placing external content such as images or PDF files, I prefer to break links, to embed them in the project file.
Previously I worked with AC16 and ArchiCAD was not freezing. Now only version of ArchiCAD is changed, nothing else.
Eduardo Rolon
Rammstein,

Some wild shots here but based on your signature you only have 8GB of RAM in your computers which is low for AC standards. Guessing at the problem it could be that having multiple tabs open and background updating of TABs might be causing that AC has to write a lot of page outs out of memory to hard disk. If your hard disk is not an SSD then that might be slowing AC down.
Options to try:
• See if the file (or files) behave in the same way in a different computer with more RAM
• Have AC running only one file, without other programs, not that many TABs open, and Background Updating disabled in your computer to see when the slowness starts if any.
• Verify that your hard disk is behaving correctly and that you have a minimum of 10% of capacity free in it so that the system has space to do its thing when the 8GB of memory fill up.
• If you can try working on the file on a machine that has a SSD to see if you see a difference.
-----
As I said above this are guesses based on my old troubleshooting tricks for Windows so they might not work. HTH
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon,

just now my ArchiCAD is frozen, but I'm looking into Windows Task manager, there is only half of my RAM is full (AC using only 213124 K), 5 tabs are open. CPU usage of ArchiCAD is 0, and HDD light on my PC is not turned on, as it should be in case of full RAM.
Previously I tried to disable background update in ArchiCAD, but the problem not disappeared.
gpowless
Advocate
I updated AC19 to 5005 but the resizing open / save dialog issue is still there. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Anonymous
Not applicable
gpowless wrote:
I updated AC19 to 5005 but the resizing open / save dialog issue is still there. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I'm confirming, that in Windows 10 these dialog windows are not resizable. But you can maximize it by double clicking on the title bar.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rick wrote:
Is this only me this happened to??? I updated the library and it is missing... The Library??? I had to go into Time Machine and resurrect it.
After installing this Hotfix I have had nothing but issues, particularly with Teamwork and Network.

Firstly I had to download all the teamwork libraries again (which is incredibly tedious over a slowish internet connection). Then again today, it tried to download all the libraries again (I have managed to avoid this by coping the old local data libraries to where it was about to create new versions)

Now it feels like Archicad is 10 times more network hungry for some reason causing consistent slow downs.

I have logged this with my local support but not very happy having been working at a snails pace for the last 2 days.