Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 20 Announced

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
See the official announcement here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/archicad-20-a-fresh-look-at-bim.html

There are already a few clips that show what is new:

http://archicad.com/en/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
165 REPLIES 165
Karl Ottenstein
arqrivas wrote:
Karl, is there an option in the graphics override to simple hide elements in view based on any criteria? or at least a trick to do this?
No. True hiding is really only by the means we have always had.

The trick is a variant of current tricks and only works depending on the stacking order of elements. For example, to hide certain walls where turning a layer off hides too many things, the fill can be set to solid and the transparent pen and the line pen to white for 2D (assuming white background and/or printing) ... and for 3D, the surface can be overridden to use 'air'.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Zoltan Fuchs
Booster
What a pity, it is a missed opportunity to reach userdata driven show/hide option.
An ask: how do I reach hide all text and dimension on drawings ( floor plan, section, etc) in a phased building without using more layers?

the mysterious parts to me: the Position>Elevation and the FloorPlan>Font , and Pen override criteria

Karl, thanks the screenshoot
i7-4770K / 16GB / GTX560 2GB / 512GB SSD / Win10 64bit
AC21 (HUN-64 bit) / Bimx Pro / Revit 2017
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl,
Yeah, I think is important having a simple option for hiding elements (2D and 3D) in a specific view. We could short our layer list by 20% easily plus others benefits, Graphics override is something I've been wishing for long time now, and I'm very happy to see it finally, and as far as I can see is very powerful and opens a lot of new possibilities and enhance the workflow a lot, but we are still missing a simple option like hiding an element in a specific view.

We have tools like Model display options, Renovation Filters, etc. I think they are not so far of having this option, is probably a thing of ask them to add this option. Probably making a wish...
Stress Co_
Advisor
Karl wrote:
Graphics Overrides are remarkably powerful for quickly generating alternative presentations of live model views. Yes, 2D or 3D elements - screenshot of list of element types...
So... we can now apply beam cover fills?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Karl Ottenstein
Stress wrote:
Karl wrote:
Graphics Overrides are remarkably powerful for quickly generating alternative presentations of live model views. Yes, 2D or 3D elements - screenshot of list of element types...
Yes, for every beam that has a cover fill, you can override it. 😉

[Yeah, you have to wonder why something so basic and essential is ignored year after year...]
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Stress wrote:
Karl wrote:
Yes, for every beam that has a cover fill, you can override it. 😉

[Yeah, you have to wonder why something so basic and essential is ignored year after year...]
I will tell you why....

Because GS is proven as a firm who build half baked commands in ArchiCad and they do not look at wish section of forum...

Karl, you are smart man and when i read what you write i start to think that you are from same planet as GS team far away from planet earth...
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
Karl, you are smart man and when i read what you write i start to think that you are from same planet as GS team far away from planet earth...
NeckoFromSarajevo,

Please refrain from insulting others on the forum.
If you have only mean things to say you might as well keep it to yourself.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have only mean things to say you might as well keep it to yourself.
Something my mother used to tell us when we were kids-and she of course was right.....!
vistasp
Advisor
Don wrote:
Something my mother used to tell us when we were kids-and she of course was right.....!
Unfortunately, some of us realise the value of our parents' words only after we really grow up.

Back to the subject of the thread:
I'm looking forward to reading about the small, undocumented, improvements in AC20 which sometimes prove quite useful.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
What to say...

i never meant to hurt someone feelings and if there is someone that I respect here, it's Carl...Carl Cox (i had to do it again

I know that you don't like critique and me, so please learn to live with it !
I have right to write my opinion and i didn't wrote nothing bad and insulting...just truth from my side of view

Without further analysis - Have a nice weekend

Mr.Bim,