Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 21 Update 4004 Released

Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear All,

Today we have made available the first Update for ARCHICAD 21 on our download sites. The Update is in Preview stage, meaning that we haven't released it publicly through ARCHICAD's Check for Updates system. The packages are already tested for the INT and UKI language versions, and are under testing by our Quality Control Team for the rest of the language versions.

Depending on the feedback from this Preview period we plan to release this package publicly in a couple of weeks time.

You can read the Release Notes and download the Update packages from here:
- ARCHICAD 21 Update 4004 & BIM Server 21 Update 4003
- BIMcloud Manager, Server & Delta Cache 21 Update 4003

Best regards,
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
11 REPLIES 11
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
The update is now tested and passed for the USA version as well!
Csaba Kézér
Graphisoft
DGSketcher
Legend
I have just uninstalled 4004 and gone back to 3009 UKI. First day using it and had more crashes this morning than I had all last year All bug splats have been passed back to HQ hopefully you can identify the problem. Will try again when 4004 is officially released.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hi DGSketcher,

I am sorry to hear that. Did you contact your reseller with your crashes, or just sent in your crash reports through our bug reporter app? If you could send me a bug ID from one of your crashes then it would be easier for us to pinpoint what issues have you run into with the Update Build.

Many thanks
Csaba Kézér
Graphisoft
DGSketcher
Legend
Hi Csaba,

The reports were sent in through the bug reporter. I have no residual .RPT files which might be down to the reinstall (?) but I did find find some database.fdb files under

Library/Application Support/Graphisoft/Save to Recovery File-21/

they were timed at 11:30, 11:35, 11:57, 11:59, 12:14 & 14:13

I have a gut feeling that there is something wrong in the complex wall handling. I can't put my finger on it but any display issues in AC21 seem to spring from their use. It may be migratory as this project was started in AC20.

The crashes I experienced yesterday occurred in plan view. the model was displaying normally in 3D. I removed a small triangular section of wall which seemed to fix the problem. The top of the wall was coincidental with the cut plane. Moving the cut plane up stopped the crashes. The same complex wall is used throughout the project and hasn't been a problem until now. It is a equivalent to a composite wall e.g. no unusual projections. Unfortunately when I then switched to the foundation plan which contains numerous complex walls AC21 crashed again. At this point I gave up and did the reinstall which is working quite happily.

Hope that helps.

Trevor
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Thanks for the additional info Trevor! Yes, I believe the uninstall cleared the rpt files from your computer. I'm not sure if we can use the recovery database.fdb files to identify your crashes. Can you send me a copy of your project in PM by any chance? That would be the most straightforward way for us to detect which one is your problem and how to fix it.

thanks,
Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Graphisoft
DGSketcher
Legend
I'm impressed. Crash source has been found and a fix should be in the final update when it is released.
english update 4004 for mac breaks export to twinmotion, submitted the crash report through the bug reporter

edit:
however i can use the sync feature just fine. so its just archicad export to .fbx that seems to not be working.

multiple files tested
Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
english update 4004 for mac breaks export to twinmotion, submitted the crash report through the bug reporter

edit:
however i can use the sync feature just fine. so its just archicad export to .fbx that seems to not be working.

multiple files tested
Hi,

Could you please send the bug ID of your crash to me in a private message?
Thanks,
Csaba
Csaba Kézér
Graphisoft
Paul King
Advisor
Just confirming that update 4004 does NOT immediately solve :

"230368 USER INTERFACE: For Ultra High Definition (4K) screens, mouse cursor appeared small inside ARCHICAD in Windows 10 with Display Scaling enabled."

The mouse cursor remains impossibly tiny in ArchiCAD 21 v4004 under windows 10 (creators Update).

However the update does now allow windows application compatibility settings for DPI scaling to work for ArchiCAD 21 (previously they made no difference)

After patching ArchiCAD, AND toggling DPI scaling compatibility settings to 'on', rebooting PC, then toggling them 'off' again, this seems to clear the mouse pointer scaling issue. *** EDIT ** but this is only temporary fix - the problem returns every time the PC is restarted.
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop