Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 21 Update 5010 Released

Csaba Kezer
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear All,

Today we have started to release the next ARCHICAD 21 Update publicly. The Update is already available for the AUS, INT, UKI and USA languages through ARCHICAD’s Check For Updates feature. The update will be available for the rest of the language versions as soon as it passes our Quality Control.

The update is currently available for ARCHICAD only. The BIM Server and BIMcloud updates with the matching build number will be released later on, for now we will keep them in preview status until we get some additional user validation on their stability.

Starting with version 21 the build number tolerance between ARCHICAD and BIMcloud/BIM Server is much more allowing. As a result you can update the server separately from ARCHICADs and vice versa. Projects remain tied to a specific ARCHICAD version, so make sure that all ARCHICADs are updated together. Therefore ARCHICADs updated to build 5010 remain compatible with BIM Server/BIMcloud 21 Update 4003.

You can read the Release Notes and download the ARCHICAD 21 Update 5010 from here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/AC21/AC21-4022to5010-ReleaseNotes.html

Best regards,
Csaba Kézér
Director, Global Customer Support
Graphisoft
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
When we can expect update for others languages versions? Soon pass more than half the year from OS High Sierra issue and one month for English versions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have the same question 😉
Karl Barker
Participant
This is a year on year question.
Something needs to be done somewhere. Even if it is to delay the release of AC so it does not coincide with the release of a new OS.
This issue holds a lot of people back.
Six months on, I was hoping to be able to buy some new iMac pros, install AC21 and really get going in the new year.
But alas, I am stuck with AC20 and older iMacs that I know work cleanly.

Again it brings up the question, why would you bother being on a subscription system when often you can't realistically update when the updates come out?
We still have to wait for the second fix of the software before we can use it confidently.
Cheers,
Karl Barker.

27" iMac 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9
32 Gig Ram
Mac OSX 10.14.6
AC 5.5 - AC22 (NZE)
It doesn't help that Apple have really botched High Sierra. And any of their own updates. Maybe this week, we'll see a stable version of High Sierra. Maybe.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaron wrote:
It doesn't help that Apple have really botched High Sierra. And any of their own updates. Maybe this week, we'll see a stable version of High Sierra. Maybe.

Aaron, I'm afraid that in recent times software vendors generally have a big problem with its quality. In the case of Archicad, the problem of update does not only apply to the version for macOS but also to Windows, although users of Apple products are more likely to wait for it due to poor cooperation with the new system.

Personally, I use macOS High Sierra on another computer and I haven't noticed any major mishaps.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Please note that GRAPHISOFT has placed the AC21 5010 update under temporary recall:

http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/updates/AC21/AC21-4022to5010-ReleaseNotes.html
IMPORTANT NOTE: This Update is under a temporary recall due to an issue currently being investigated, causing stairs to become uneditable under certain circumstances. Until we identify the exact cause and effect of this issue, we advise NOT TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE. If you have already installed Update 5010 however, we do NOT recommend to downgrade to build 4022, as that may also lead to unexpected errors. Updates about this issue will be posted on HelpCenter.
This article talks about the issue found in build 5010:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/3d-modeling/floor-plan-display-settings-of-stairs-...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Please note that GRAPHISOFT has placed the AC21 5010 update under temporary recall:

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Update is under a temporary recall due to an issue currently being investigated, causing stairs to become uneditable under certain circumstances. Until we identify the exact cause and effect of this issue, we advise NOT TO INSTALL THIS UPDATE. If you have already installed Update 5010 however, we do NOT recommend to downgrade to build 4022, as that may also lead to unexpected errors. Updates about this issue will be posted on HelpCenter.
This article talks about the issue found in build 5010:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/3d-modeling/floor-plan-display-settings-of-stairs-...
Any idea when the fix will be issued. In our office we have one machine with 5010 and the other on the previous build. We work with team work and ar unable to join the teamwork files from the 5010 build.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I don't have any information about when it will come out.
Until then you might want to uninstall build 5010 on that machine, then reinstall AC21 and upgrade it to the build used by the other computers. Then the BIM Server and all AC versions will be the same build and they all can use TW.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
mi_jan
Enthusiast
laszlonagy wrote:
Until then you might want to uninstall build 5010 on that machine, then reinstall AC21 and upgrade it to the build used by the other computers.

We have some files that were created in build 5010, has anyone experienced any problems when reverting the file to 4022?

In the IMPORTANT NOTE, it says downgrading to 4022 may cause problems.
I tried reverting a file and I can't really find anything that messed up.
iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build