BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 21 Update 6000 Preview released

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Today we have made the preview version of our next ARCHICAD, BIM Server and BIMcloud 21 Updates available. We have tested the packages with the AUS, INT, NZE, UKI and USA versions so far and they all passed our Quality Control.

This package is only compatible with the above language versions. If you attempt to install it on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.

We will create a Public update compatible with all language versions in a few weeks time. If the two will differ, it will be possible to update from the Preview package to the Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here: Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
37 REPLIES 37
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
ejrolon wrote:
and here's another bug.
Open AC
Select Browse for Solo Project
When Finder Window opens hit cancel
AC will freeze.
---
I expect that I should get Beta Points for testing this.
Last time I install a preview version
Hello ejrolon,

I tried it on several Macs, but I just couldn't reproduce this. Did you happen to find out anything about this? maybe there's something specific about the folder it opens in or something similar? Did anyone else experience this?

I know it can be a pain, but I really appreciate that you take the time to not only install the preview update, but also give feedback. This really helps a lot for us to release a more stable update in the end.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
DGSketcher wrote:
Has the QA manager at GSHQ retired? AC is becoming exponentially buggy. Not those bugs that crash and you know something went wrong, but a steady stream of irritations and display errors. I just swapped a composite wall type, at which point the door in the wall has changed the zero value I had for "Sill to wall base" to 2040mm so the door is now through the roof. I have a layout that won't recognise the drawing extents to do "Fit to frame" correctly, the whole of the drawing is displayed correctly, but the layout frame is smaller!?. The same view settings work fine on other layouts. I am also getting intermittent wall connection failures where simple composite wall corner connections stop working on plan. And finally automatic dimensions which are sufficiently unstable e.g. moving and vanishing nodes that have forced me to question whether I can trust the "automatic" mode.

Come on GS you can do better than this and you need to with Revit breathing down you neck!

Rant over... for now.
Hello DGSketcher,

I tried these things on my computer, but I couldn't replicate any of these issues on a new project. They seem very specific to your project. Could you maybe send me the file you experience these problems in through a PM, with some instructions on how to replicate the issues, so we can take a look at what might be happening?

It would really help a ton, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

DGSketcher
Legend
Hi Daniel, Thank you for trying to resolve this. The problems I am experiencing are typically non repeatable, they can come and go between sessions but are generally easily fixed. They just undermine confidence in what is overall an excellent piece of software.

The dimensioning issue seems to be the equivalent of having hotspots in objects without unique IDs e.g. my windows and doors were loosing the opening node in favour of the opening mid point or even just ignoring one side of the opening.

I think I saved the file whilst some of these issues were present for this scenario. I'll check and PM you a copy.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Eduardo Rolon
dkovacs wrote:
ejrolon wrote:
and here's another bug.
Open AC
AC will freeze.
---
Hello ejrolon,

I tried it on several Macs, but I just couldn't reproduce this. Did you happen to find out anything about this? maybe there's something specific about the folder it opens in or something similar? Did anyone else experience this?

I know it can be a pain, but I really appreciate that you take the time to not only install the preview update, but also give feedback. This really helps a lot for us to release a more stable update in the end.

Thanks,
Right now with major blackout in Puerto Rico but I’ll try to reproduce it to see what might be different.
Also today I had a crash when turning shadows on in a 3D Document with a marquee section cut.
I don’t mind testing but your last previews
weren’t that buggy and I don’t get points here like in testing the Beta
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

concepsys
Booster
Hello,

In our case, every time we try to access dwg translators Archicad crashes.
This is happening in all computers.

Is there a way to roll all back to version 5021?
Best regards.

Antonio Pina
VERSION 21 INT 6000.
Takis
Expert
Hi, I am facing the following issues:
1. Graphics issues:
After a working around for about 2-3 hours, a lot of drawing things disappears from screen. Restarting Archicad resolves the issue for the next 2-3 hours.
2. Railing object causes crash:
If associated railing is selected and click on "Use display settings of associated stairs", Archicad crashes.

Takis.
Takis
Expert
Hi, dwg translator crashes for me also, is there any solution for this?

Windows 10x64

Takis.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Takis wrote:
Hi, I am facing the following issues:
1. Graphics issues:
After a working around for about 2-3 hours, a lot of drawing things disappears from screen. Restarting Archicad resolves the issue for the next 2-3 hours.
2. Railing object causes crash:
If associated railing is selected and click on "Use display settings of associated stairs", Archicad crashes.

Takis.
Hello Takis,

I would want to look into these problems to see if they are actually caused by the update. Could you provide some more information, so that I can look into it?

1. I don't really understand what drawings disappear and how (Drawings from Layouts?).
Could you send a picture (or maybe video) about how the problem looks, and how it looks after restarting?
Updating drawings, or using "Rebuild and regenerate" (ctrl+alt+shift+R) in the views doesn't help?

2. We have a crash in our system that is related to break marks of railings in teamwork projects (it should be fixed in the final version of the update).
Do you experience this in Teamwork?
Does it also crash if you download it as a pln and do it in that?
If it does, could you send the PLN over in a PM, so that I can reproduce the crash myself?

PS. The DWG Translator crash should be fixed in the final version of the update. Until then rolling back to the previous version is the easiest solution.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

GRAPHISOFT

Takis
Expert
Daniel hi,
I have already returned to built 5021 because it was very difficult to work with built 6000.
About the disappearing problem, while working in View Map suddenly a part of the drawing on the plan disappears. In 3D view I could see everything but on plan that particular part was missing.
Exit Archicad and starting it again resolved the problem.
I don't work in teamwork.

ps. In version built 5021 there are no problems at all.

Archicad 21
Windows 10 x64 on Bootcamp.
MacPro Late 2013

Takis
Eduardo Rolon
dkovacs wrote:
ejrolon wrote:
and here's another bug.
Open AC
AC will freeze.
---
Hello ejrolon,

Thanks,
Tried it today after the second major blackout and couldn't reproduce it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!